87 Newell - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
rellick

Default 87 Newell

G'day all, Just wondering if anyone knows of this coach for sale. Current owners name is Gary, previous owner was Ron Ellingson. It it located in Springdale WA, near Seattle. I am interested in purchasing it, is there anyone near to take a look at it for me? I would gladly pay you for your time. Any info about it would be greatly appreciated. It is in need of repair, subfloor is rotten near ice maker, interior is dated and needs upgrading, 2 new steering tires, and front air is not working. My biggest concerns are frame, suspension corrosion, and other mechanical issues. Vehicles from the west coast, in my experience tend to rot from the inside out. The owner did send me alot of pics and overall looks to be in good condition.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1987 NEWELL side pic[1].jpg
Views:	370
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	3253  

22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
MrE

Sounds like the one that John (cdat) was inquiring about. Looking on a map, Springdale is just north of Spokane on the eastern side of Washington, well away from corrosive sea air.

1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
rellick

My apologies, its Silverdale not Springdale, just across the inlet from Seattle
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
Old 01-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #4
Neweller

Keith, what is the coach number? I know there at least a couple members near there. It would be a matter of whether they come on here or not and check this post.

Silverdale is right next to Bremerton. I know folks up there, but they wouldn't know what to look at on a Newell.

Can they take some close up pictures of the frame works? Can you get away and fly down to SeaTac? The airport is only like a 30-40 minute drive from there.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #5
rellick

I don't have a passport Ken, I do have 2 uncles North of Victoria BC, Ill see if they could boat across to port angeles, I think its about hour and half drive from there. Ill get the coach number. Thanks Ken
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
Old 01-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #6
Neweller

Yeah, that could work. There are professional inspectors out that way and probably right in the Bremerton area, otherwise Tacoma/Fife is right down the road. The area is King for RV's.

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 01-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #7
rellick

Penninsula Fleet in Bremerton will put it on the hoist and go through it for a 100 bux. I am going to email them the Alberta out of province inspection checklist for a guidline of what they require for when it comes here. Thanks again Ken
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
Old 01-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #8
Neweller

Good deal Keith! That is very reasonable fee and well worth it. I hope it completely works out in your favor.

-Bob Marley
Old 01-29-2013, 02:30 AM   #9
rellick

Hi all, they sent me the vin# 1N9912X84H1011004 I don't think they have the build number
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
Old 01-29-2013, 03:28 AM   #10
cdat

Keep us posted and let us know what you find out, I was about 3 days from driving up there to look at it. Guy seemed pretty nice and honest, I'd like to find out if my impression was correct.
Thanks
John
cdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #11
speedingsport

Keith yes keep us posted. Hope it works out for you.
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #12
rellick

G'day all, had the inspection done yesterday and it checked out great, the service manager was quite impressed with it, just some minor issues the seller already told me about, the seller seems very upfront and helpfull with it. We will start the paperwork today, still not sure how the title transfer will happen as he owes the bank some money on it, and their name is also on the title and I won't be able to go there to sign in person. I'm sure there has to be a way. I'm going to be stuck on what one to keep the 77 or the 87 or just keep em both!!
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
Old 02-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #13
Neweller

Good deal Keith! Glad it checked out ok. Paying off the bank or lien holder is usually pretty straight forward. You will need a 10 or 15 day payoff from the bank, this will lock in at the amount owed to them (bank) and guarantee no additional fees or interest charges during this period. You will have to complete the necessary purchase sale agreement and "POA" with the seller. Of course the seller will receive the cash difference of the payoff amount to the bank and what your final negotiated price is. The bank will mail you the signed off title. Now if the bank is near the seller and you are picking it up, then you could do it all in person.

-Bob Marley
Old 02-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #14
rellick

Hi all, Just for information sake when buying an out of state/country, if there is a lean on the vehicle you are buying, the bank or lean holder may only hold an electronic title, (that is NOT recognized in other states or at the border. The SELLER has to take the affidavid from the bank to a superservice office to get a title, if it goes to the state to have an original title made it could take up to 6to8 weeks for this process. There could be problems if the seller isn't co-operative with this process. I am lucky so far and my seller seems very good so far and has been very honest and upfront with everything. But I could see how it could be a potentially bad situation. So when buying out of state or country make sure to ask about the title before you buy, just may save a lot of headaches
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
Old 02-06-2013, 01:46 AM   #15
Neweller

Thanks for the update Keith.

Folks, more useful information for your bookmarks.

-Bob Marley
Old 02-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #16
rellick

Well we got the title for the 87, 69 bux at a speed service, the paperwork is at the broker and should be ready to cross this week, the seller agreed to drive it up to the border, and the fellow that I rented the rv storage from in Abbotsford is going to meet them there. Mid April I will fly there and pick it up. Not sure if anyone has driven on the Coquihalla highway between Hope and Merrit BC before but its 50 miles of straight up. After driving in a snowstorm in december with my 77, I think ill wait till spring to drive it through the mountains. Check out this vidio, I have nightmares about this kind of thing..
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
Old 02-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #17
Neweller

Keith, you two-timing man! Well, I guess you can always say it's "His and Hers". That is cool everything went smooth on the paperwork end of things.

That semi wreck was freaking crazy!

-Bob Marley
Old 02-28-2013, 01:32 AM   #18
rellick

Well, the coach made it through customs today and is sitting in storage in Abbotsford BC, can't wait to go pick it up in April!!
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
Old 02-28-2013, 01:38 AM   #19
speedingsport

That's awesome Keith! Sounds like the transaction and delivery went smoothly. I bet you're looking forward to spring now.
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:17 AM   #20
Neweller

Keith before it's over you will have the largest collection of Newell's in Canada.

-Bob Marley