Tech Talk Archives 9 - Page 4 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Go Back   Luxury Coach Lifestyles > Forum Archives - closed > Archive Three
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Log in Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2012, 05:02 AM   #61
Neweller

Q
1046 8/7/2003 6:50:40 AM 8/7/2003 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com GPS speed input You can pick up the signal from the teminal board located in front of the passenger seat. If your wiring is the standard arrangement, the speed signal came be picked up on terminal block 31, white with a blue stripe, and 32 white with a green stripe.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:03 AM   #62
Neweller

A
1047 8/7/2003 6:55:21 AM 8/7/2003 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com Waste tank leaking, help! The most common problem is a Zap electronic odor control probe corroding and then leaking. The probes are located near the bottom of the tank. You can pull the carpeted board between the tanks, the tanks must be empty, and see the probes. If it is one of the center probes the tank will have to be pulled to repair it. You can replace the probes with plugs, as ordor control is not necessary on late model coaches with toilets that have a water seal.

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 12-13-2012, 05:03 AM   #63
Neweller

A
1049 8/13/2003 10:16:26 PM 8/14/2003 tom tkenloe@inreach.com 1986 Newell for sale I`m looking at a 1986 Newell 40 fter. Close to purchase. Please send details on your motorcoach.
Tom

-Bob Marley
Old 12-13-2012, 05:03 AM   #64
Neweller

Q
1052 8/18/2003 4:36:32 PM 8/24/2003 willis s mystro544 AT hotmail.com benefits of newell vs. prevost and blue bird Joe Lucarelli,

You obviously don't know very much about Newell. We are previous owners of a very nice 1994 Marathon
XL which we loved. We searched for 2 years before deciding on the Newell and it wasn't just because of it's fabulous glides. It was the over-all workmanship/craftmanship and long term Newell history. I suggest you take a tour of both plants and talk to the lead engineers. I'd also suggest doing some history checks. We did. Nothing in the industry matches up to the Newell for our investment. If you'd like to read more favorable Newell comments from both ex-Prevost owners and current owners, then stop by prevost-stuff site (listed below) and go to to this link:

http://tinyurl.com/jxy9

Actually you may want to read all the chassis vs chassis threads on the above Prevost site. A side note. Prevost owners are very picky and defensive about their coaches, so you can imagine how nice a Newell needed to be to get those accolades. Quite a complement and why Newell is the best in the world and you'll need to get in line to own a new one. :=) A
1054 8/22/2003 12:45:24 PM 8/24/2003 Ray hoffmanray@msn.com Central Air 1988 with central air. Unit will engage, but no cold air.
Suggestions? And do you know who manfactured these units?
Thank you

-Bob Marley
Old 12-13-2012, 05:03 AM   #65
Neweller

Q
1055 8/25/2003 5:14:04 AM 8/25/2003 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com Central Air Dometic manufactured these air conditioning units under the DuoTherm trade name. They are similar in design and operation to home central air conditioning. Often, a qualified residential a/c technician can service the units. If you would like to trouble shoot the units yourself, I suggest you clean your filters first. Check the amp draw at the breaker. Each compressor should draw 10 to 13 amps. If your amp draw is too, low check the freon. If your draw is too high, you might need a compressor or fan motor. Contact Newell parts at 1-888-363-9355 to check availability, pricing, and to order.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-13-2012, 05:03 AM   #66
Neweller

A
1056 8/29/2003 4:14:28 PM 9/2/2003 William O. Meyers meyerswo@psns.navy.mil Efficiency Being a Quality Engineer, I'm already convinced of the Quality of the Newell construction (my 1968 is still rolling); but what has Newell done for fuel efficiency?
The aerodynamics could be improved greatly as Kenworth's done; has Newell increased the efficiency of the diesel with Natural gas?

-Bob Marley
Old 12-13-2012, 05:03 AM   #67
Neweller

Q
1057 8/30/2003 5:08:53 PM 9/2/2003 Steve Green stevegreenmroa@carolina.rr.com Insulation R Value Rating I am trying to find the insulation R ratings of several motorhomes.... the Newell included... What publications list comparisons on R Values, Central Air, Aqua-Hot heating of motor home and water heater, etc? What is the highest rated R value on any Luxury 40-45 footer?

-Bob Marley
Old 12-13-2012, 05:04 AM   #68
Neweller

Q
1058 9/1/2003 1:00:32 PM 9/2/2003 Tuga Gaidry tuga@cajun.net After market glide outs I am interested in having a glide out installed on my 1993 Newell. Does Newell Coach refit older coaches with glide outs? Have any Newell owners had this done? If so, please give me the name and phone number of the company that performed the work along with your degree of happiness with the result.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-13-2012, 05:04 AM   #69
Neweller

Q
1059 9/2/2003 7:01:02 AM 9/2/2003 John Leuenberger jeleuen@cox.net A/C Two subjects for the tech experts. First, in an '82 coach, I am considering replacing the front roof a/c with new 15000 btu unit to increase cooling capacity over the road. Will the factory wiring support this? The Newell installed unit is 13,500 btu. Second question, after traveling for about 9 hrs yesterday in temps of close to 90 degrees with generator running, during fuel stop noted the 200 gallon diesel tank almost too hot to touch. Where would all this heat come from? Hot air from generator and tires? Is this a concern? Thanks and look fwd to your reply.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-13-2012, 05:04 AM   #70
Neweller

Q
1061 9/2/2003 10:17:17 PM 9/3/2003 Bob Scott thescotts@proaxis.com Efficiency William:
I too used to wonder how to increase the efficiency of my coach. This was very much a hot subject and would come up from time to time while sitting around a campfire with my friends. Friends who are running some of those fiberglass and foam light weight brand X's. Personally I like the features that I get with a Newell. The things I enjoy about a Newell all weigh something and hauling weight around dose reduce MPG. After looking at the cost of owning and operating a motor home for a year, I have decidided that fuel costs just are not worth worring about. Fuel, if it doubled in cost, is still not one of the major expenses. If I was running an 18 wheeler, fuel cost would be an altogether different matter. A lot of them are running a quarter million miles a year and with that much driving fuel efficency does become an issue. Just one persons opinion for what it's worth.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-13-2012, 05:04 AM   #71
Neweller

A
1062 9/3/2003 2:43:32 PM 9/3/2003 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com A/C Your factory wiring will support the new 15,000 btu air conditioning
units with no problem.

Diesel engines re-circulate fuel as part of the injection process, and also for cooling and lubrication of the injection pump. During your nine hour trip on a hot summer day, your generator and drive engine
were constantly re-circulating warmed diesel fuel back and forth to
the tank. On long hauls the diesel tank will become quite warm to the
touch, especially when the fuel in the tank is allowed to get low.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-13-2012, 05:04 AM   #72
Neweller

A
1063 9/4/2003 3:15:50 PM 9/6/2003 Linda Schneider ltschneider@earthlink.net Brake Adjustments on '79 Newell In July I posted a request for information on getting our front and rear brakes adjusted; we've had trouble finding anyone who will do that. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks, Linda

-Bob Marley
Old 12-13-2012, 05:04 AM   #73
Neweller

Q
1065 9/5/2003 7:59:49 AM 9/6/2003 Mike zzig1aol.com wood floor I have a 92 coach & am considering installing a wood
(fake wood ?) floor. Does anyone have any experience with this type of floor in a coach? My main cocerns are sound insulation?
thank you

-Bob Marley
Old 12-14-2012, 03:39 AM   #74
Neweller

Q
1067 9/5/2003 7:13:58 PM 9/6/2003 Mark & Sharon sstime@itctel.com FOR SALE/PRICE LOWERED What can you tell us about your '73 newell coach? We have been unable to access any pictures.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-14-2012, 03:39 AM   #75
Neweller

Q
1071 9/7/2003 11:12:22 AM 9/8/2003 jim sims JimSims@Charter.net Insulation R Value Rating I have the same question....What are the highest rated R values on Luxury motorhomes? Thanks, Jim Sims

-Bob Marley
Old 12-14-2012, 03:39 AM   #76
Neweller

A
1073 9/8/2003 11:52:06 AM 9/8/2003 David Carroll Keywester@aol.com wood floor Mike, I installed the glue down wood flooring in my bedroom portion and front third of my coach and have had absolutely no problem. Insulation seems equal to or superior to carpet plus is a "breeze" to keep clean. Good luck.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-14-2012, 03:39 AM   #77
Neweller

A
1074 9/8/2003 10:41:54 PM 9/9/2003 Daniel E Golub selvaschaco@comcast.net Coach engine heat Dear Sirs,
My 1988 coach heater doesn't make any heat, there is water runing thru however at the front radiator but heat is barely noticeable.
Might be the heating core is pluged or needs a pump? The engine runs at 170 F.
Sincerely
Dan

-Bob Marley
Old 12-14-2012, 03:39 AM   #78
Neweller

Q
1075 9/9/2003 6:56:25 AM 9/9/2003 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com Coach engine heat There are two water valves to open in the winter for proper heater operation and close in the summer for complete shutdown. You should check that both valves are fully open for heater operation. The valves are located on the driver's side of the engine. One valve is easily visible just above the frame and forward of the fan. The other valve, although difficult to see, is located below the other valve and behind the frame. The system is also equipped with a booster pump. The pump operates only when the temperature control lever on the dash is moved to the far right. This should activate the booster water pump located forward of the right front tire. You should be able to hear the booster pump running. If not, check to insure it is getting 12 volts. If the pump is not operating and you can't determine the cause, you can acquire a replacement pump from the Newell Parts Department, 1-888-363-9355. If you are not successful in repairing or replacing the pump, the pump should be removed as it creates a restriction when not running. Removal will improve heater performance, but not to the level achieved when the pump is operating as designed.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-14-2012, 03:40 AM   #79
Neweller

A
1078 9/9/2003 11:07:03 PM 9/14/2003 Mike zzig1aol.com wood floor David,
thank you for the information,
Mike

-Bob Marley
Old 12-14-2012, 03:40 AM   #80
Neweller

A
1079 9/14/2003 4:52:59 AM 9/14/2003 Charles R. Cravens craminc@juno.com benefits of newell vs. prevost and blue bird I hope your search turns out to your benefit. We have just settled on our second Newell and are delighted. Why do you not consider the warrantey issues between the three different brands? We owned two separate brand X units before our first Newell. We drove many a Blue Bird and flew across America testing Prevost out. As others have said, many Prevost owners are quite proud of their Prevost bus. Many Blue Bird owners are quite proud also. After a factory tour we bought a Newell and are proud owners. Please feel free to contact me or my wife if you desire.

-Bob Marley