Do you go Boondocking/dry camping? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #1
Oreo

Question Do you go Boondocking/dry camping?

If so why? Do you choose to boondock or dry camp to be frugal and save money? or do you enjoy getting off the beaten path?

Thanks! Dan, Mary and Oreo

Oreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #2
cdat

We haven't had a chance to go in the Newell yet, although plan when we get a chance. We've boon docked in the past, usually we're looking to get away from people, looking for someplace out of the way with peace and quiet, a nice view. We don't normally go the Walmart route, although we have.
John

cdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #3
NewellCrazy

We enjoy boon docking even though its not for everyone it suits my wife and I with no complaints from time to time. If you the type of person who needs a nice long hot shower and lots of power always being used than book docking might now work out well for you.

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:26 AM   #4
MrE

I love to boondock, there are so many great places in the great North-West to visit and most of them don't have hookups. There have been times where it was oppressively hot in the valley and we would drive the 15 miles up to the ski area to spend the night so that we didn't have to run the air conditioner. It's another 5,000 feet higher elevation and always cools down great at night. Hey, they make our coaches fully self-contained....why not take advantage of it?
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:01 PM   #5
James Lucas

If you like mobile home parks you will LOVE RV parks. I'm not saying there aren't some nice parks either way but parking by the water, on the beach, or dramatic view sites are much to my liking and even if you could afford to buy that kind of real estate much is not nor ever going to be "for sale".

Rv parks are where I stay if I need a dump station or fresh water fill. Other than that it is a Walmart while in route or some prime pristine real Estate for the long or short stay.

It's the very reason I bought my particular Newell. 300 gallons of fresh water for starters.

"Oh look honey this park has trees and there aren't too many people living here full time year round"
James Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote