Please tell me what the difference is between the top brands are - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #21
MarkofSJC

LOL....then I see this thread that says it so well.

http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...ind-start.html

MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #22
Yachtnutz

Hey Mark thanks for that info, we are really leaning towards the Newell that I can tell you.

Yachtnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #23
jWolfe

I think once you learn about a Newell coach then when you finally take the leap and own one you will indeed be sold for life.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #24
Yachtnutz

I talked to a salesman from Newell on Friday about coming up to see them . He told me that they were not open on weekends but if we wanted to come up he would be more then happy to meet us at the Factory lot to show us the Coaches. We couldn't make it this past weekend but he sent me a lot of information about Newell Coaches. Now that is what I call real services, I have to say man I am really impressed. My wife and I are pretty much sold already after seeing all info about the Newell and talking to the salesman !
Yachtnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:42 AM   #25
jack14r

The entertainer coaches are the best benchmark for a chassis comparison and all that I know of use Prevost,these are 1,000,000 mile chassis.George Jones has passed on and his Liberty is for sale on Dave Wall's The Motor Coach Exchange site,it is a 2007 with 353,000 miles,Charlie Daniels has a Liberty with over 1,200,000 miles,there is not another motor coach that I am aware of that has accumulated this kind of mileage.The systems that the Liberty coaches use are superior to any other motor home,some have immulated but no one has been able to incorporate all of the systems that they have developed.I am sure that others will disagree,but go to the Liberty site and study the specs on several caches and then post Liberty's short comings.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #26
DocJim

Looking at 2001 to 2004 Newell. Can someone point to information regarding changes to Newell coaches (Chassis, suspension, electronics etc) in this time frame of Newell Coach builds.
DocJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #27
Yachts

Im sure there are some other differences , the major one that I am aware of is starting with coach 701 (2004) the slides were no longer hydraulic.. Also around 02 is when you sees full raised roof option on many of them I thinks that's about 6 inch more head room but I maybe wrong. Also I think around 2002 is when they started going to roof airs.
Yachts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:07 PM   #28
Michael Martinkus

Liberty is the oldest converter of new Prevost bus shells in the country and the folks that work there will be surprised to hear they are out of business. Marathon is on the high end of the spectrum with Vantare about mid level. Country Coach is still alive but not producing units. They exist on service and refurb but say they will eventually re-enter production.
The Prevost H345 does lose the first few feet of floor space at the front of the bus but it is compensated for by having the floor go flat all the way to the back over the top of the engine. The XL bodies are just the opposite...flat floor to the front but raises up over the rear engine. The advantage of the "H" is the fact that the main floor of the bus is higher off the ground allowing for a greater height in the outside bays.
Michael Martinkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 02:23 AM   #29
TomGauger

"liberty and country coach are out of business in the Prevost conversions?"

Liberty is very much in business and builds a gorgeous coach on both of the Prevost chassis'.
Drop in on their shop is Stuart, FL.

TomGauger is offline   Reply With Quote