Radio Replacement - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2011, 02:23 AM   #1
prestadude

Default Radio Replacement

The original system on my rig consisted of a Sony XR-C8200 head unit (with a cassette deck, remember those?), a CDX-715 10 disc CD changer, and an interesting control stalk mounted at the copilot station called the rotary commander. The backlight on the head unit display had burned out and I could not read the display so I decided to replace the radio as part of an ongoing total update of the entertainment system and other electronics. I replaced the system with a JVC KD-HDR70. The install was about the easiest I have ever done. The old unit was easily removed and the new system fit perfectly. I especially like the HD feature on the new radio. I was going to get a satellite radio but with the increasing availability of radio stations broadcasting in HD coupled with the ease of streaming radio stations and music over the internet, I decided against satellite.

So, I now have in my garage a perfectly good Sony system (except for the head unit backlight) including a remote and manuals. The cables are cut since it would have taken way to long to disassemble the front of the coach to recover the complete cables. I did preserve the plugs so it will just require some splicing to rebuild the cables. If anyone wants it for parts, send me an PM and it's yours for the cost of shipping.
prestadude is offline   Reply With Quote