Tell Us About Your Floorplan - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2007, 05:10 PM   #1
fulltiming

Default Tell Us About Your Floorplan

With all of the varieties of Newell configurations out there, I thought it would be appropriate to find out something about what the members here have in the way of floorplan arrangements and interior equipment.

To give a basis for comparison, I will start:

1992, 43' 6" Newell, mid-entry

Drivers side front to rear: drivers seat, built-in desk, barrel chair, kitchen counter (AC #1 under counter) with 1 large and 1 small sink with garbage disposal, filtered water, Inta-Hot, Nutone Food Center, under-counter ice maker, 4 burner Gaggenau 240 volt cooktop, Norcold RV 3-way refrigerator with AC #3 underneath, pantry with slide out shelves, door to bath, Microphor toilet (electric no air), closet with 3 drawers at bottom and Splendide 2000S on top, pocket door to bedroom, full length hanging closet with electrical panel on rear of closet, queen bed (North-South placement), night stand, rear closet with shelves and mirrored doors above bed across the rear.

Passengers side front to rear: wide co-pilot seat, long J-lounge couch with a jack-knife bed with electric heater, LP heater and AC #2 under couch, entry door, dinette (fixed table top) with built in vacuum under rear bench, door to bath, shower, vanity, pocket door, closet with LP heater and AC #4 below, a drawer and hanging rod above, closet houses 20" LCD TV, 200 DVD changer and small Digital Dolby 5.1 system, bed, nightstand, rear closet with shelves. There is an electric baseboard heater on each side of the bed and a ceiling fan over the bed.

The front overhead currently has a 20" CRT Television (hopefully to be replaced by a 32" LCD), AC/DC voltage and ammeters, Digital Dolby 5.1 receiver, DirecTiVo unit, DVD player/recorder, video switcher, controller for front satellite TV dish, MotoSat DataStorm satellite internet modem and controller, and a 10 CD changer.

The coach originally had carpet front to rear. I have replaced all of the carpet, with the exception of the carpet beside the bed, with colonial maple laminate flooring.

Sleeps 4, 2 in rear bed, 2 on couch.

So, what about your layout?

1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:50 AM   #2
encantotom

my coach is shorter than michaels...

drivers side...front to back

new flexsteel ultraleather seat, fold out leather couch with corian nightstands on each end of it. then the leather dinette with the dometic fridge behind it. then the enclosed bathroom with shower and corian sink. behind it is the bedroom with a queen bed north to south with corian counters with shelves underneath on both sides of bed. on each side of the back of the bed are hanging closets. over the bed is a cabinent.

passenger side. front to back

new flexsteel passenger seat with leather foldout couch behind it. drawers underneath this couch, under the opposing one is the heaters. also over each couches is a valence. the door is behind the couch, with a corian counter and one large sink with new garbage disposal. the counter has an instahot and nutone blender built in with filtered water as well. the filter also has an ozoneator on it as well for additional bacteria killing. the counter has a 2 burner gas cooktop with a new convection microwave above it and the control panel above it. there is also a brand new icemaker beneath the counter by the doorway. behind the cooktop are cab's with a large closet behind it. in the closet is the tv, soon to be a 19" samsung hdtv (in process) and dvd player.

up front over the drive is soon to be a 32" samsung hdtv with home theatre and media server. in motion sat dish on top. i have bought and am soon to install new rear and side color cameras with a 7" lcd monitor that will be where the rear view mirror is now.

in have two roof mount new A/C's and 3 roof skylights.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 06:16 AM   #3
Richard and Rhonda

have the same twin coach setup as Tom. With both folded out, it is one huge bed. Also my dinette makes a true six foot sleeper. The coach was retrofitted with a 42 inch plasma in the front that is mounted in a swing down box from the ceiling. I don't like it, it ruins the interior lines of the coach, and it partially blocks access to the front overhead panels, but the wife loves it, so...........it will stay for now.

Galley is standard.

The bath is fully enclosed on the street side. It's a bit snug, but having a kid in the shower does not block off the bedroom with that setup. The cabinets midship are all hanging closets and drawers.

Bed is standard north south, and a second (thank goodness) smaller, 20 inch lcd is mounted in the bedroom.

My favorite features???? The drivers seat, auto locking bay doors, and the mid entry door.

My least favorite??? That blasted TV, basement air units, and that TV.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote