electronic odometer - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2005, 08:47 PM   #1
Dr.David

Default electronic odometer

This Tech Talk is a great idea...keep up the good work..I have 1981 Newell with Detroit 6v92T (Karl Blade's old coach).The electronic odometer ceased to work. Could you tell me where the sender unit is located and how easy is it to replace? The speedometer is Ok; just the odometer (mile) stopped working.Everything else works. What a coach!

Dr.David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:13 PM   #2
TechTalk

There is a gear-driven sender located on the side of the transmission. It is wired to the speedometer/odometer. However, since the speedo works, it sounds like the problem is in the head rather than the sender. I suggest you call Newell Service on their toll-free number, 1-888-363-9355 and speak with a service advisor. They can discuss the diagnosis in more detail, and arrange to send you a new speedometer head if that is the agreed approach.