Aquahot leaking under coach - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
Gary&Terry

Exclamation Aquahot leaking under coach

I noticed that my Aquahot is leaking under the coach. Initial evaluation is that it is coolant. It is not diesel fuel based on the feel and smell. Today I will try to look underneath to see where it's coming out. I realize that will not mean much because it may be flowing from somewhere else to wherever it is coming out. I checked my overflow tank and it is empty I just filled it up from empty two ago I guess that should have been cause for alarm. Anyone have good ideas on where to start looking. If there are no simple ideas, this may be a big enough problem that I need to take it someplace rather than tear the whole thing apart myself. Full timers don't have the option of a nicely equipped garage and the flexibility of timing on this kind of thing.

So, what do you guys think?

Gary

Gary & Terry Morgan

Any RVing action is good action!

Deerfield Beach,FL
Gary&Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

Sometime the radiator cap is bad and the hose to the overflow cracks or comes loose. I refilled the radiator, but forgot to take fluid out of the overflow and when it got hot, the overflow tank spilled over.

2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:11 AM   #3
NewellCrazy

you can tell diesel by the smell. If it doesn't stink of diesel, its boiler fluid. The Aqua hot doesn't use standard anti-freeze, it uses a food safe type (called GRAS or Generally Recognized as Safe) at a concentration that will convey heat pretty well. If you are leaking boiler fluid. (The fluid expands as it heats), Check your radiator cap which allows accumulation of a few pounds pressure in the tank and that slight pressure probably found a leak that isn't there w/out the pressure.

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:55 AM   #4
Wheeler

Gary did you get this fixed/figured out?
Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote