8V92 will not shut off - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2015, 12:33 AM   #1
Rollensmooth

Montana
Default 8V92 will not shut off

Hi. Just joined the site today but have been reading it or years. It is a good site. Heres my problem. I just bought a 1991 Newell motor home with a DDEC 8V92 diesel with 95,000 miles. Only had it for a week. When I picked it up the old owner used ether to start it. I drove it to the truck stop and filled the tanks. It started rite up and I drove it home. It ran smooth and quiet on the way home. I was impressed.
Good power to. I shut it off with the key when I got home. A week later it would not start. No smoke no nothing. I put on new fuel filters and blead the system and it started up with a small blast of either. Ran nice. I drove it to my shop and went to shut it off and the key would not shut it off. So I shut the batterys off to the engine. Kept running. I killed the power to the ECM. Kept running but the idle slowed down. So I had to block off the air to the engine to
stop it. I can,t help but thinking the hard start and the no stop are related. What shuts these things off. So I am really asking
what to fix. Thank you all.

Rollensmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:10 PM   #2
MrE

You might want to take a look at this post:http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/in...?topic=12020.0

According to the post it's shut off by the ECM. Sounds like the two problems are related. Have you checked what error codes your DDEC is generating?
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote