1999 Newell on Crankyape - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2009, 07:25 PM   #21
tuga

When a seller won't allow a buyer to start the engine, that is an automatic bad deal in my book! I would never buy a coach unless I could have the codes run on the engine and transmission.

Cavet emptor!

Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:17 PM   #22
larryweikart

My sentiments exactly! Maybe nothing amiss but if they really want to get top $$ they would provide a complete readout to any potential buyers. It could certainly ease the mind. Best wishes to all forum members for a joyous Holiday Season and wonderful travels in 2010! If any of you find yourself attending an ALMS race in 2010, Vanessa's Hospitality invites you to come to our hospitality area and introduce yourself. We will treat you to a nice meal.

1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:32 PM   #23
chockwald

Looks like the Newell closed at $100,050, but under the reserve limit. I really think that paying anything over $100,000 is a real risk without knowing what the problems are. If anything, the bank should want to know what the error codes are, and any other issues that may affect the selling price. Seems to me that full disclosure might result in a sale closer to what the bank wants. Leaving people guessing gets "no sale"....
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:05 PM   #24
prairieschooner

This is most likely the decision of the Agent selling the Coach and not the Bank although I cannot be sure.
I have been involved with numerous Bank Owned Sales in Boats. The Broker always says that this is an "as is sale" but it is always subject to a Survey of the vessel. The Bid is put on the vessel with Good Faith and then I came in to do the Survey. I know of at least two instances that the Sale Price was Reduced because of Deficiencies with the Vessel, these Sales both worked out to the advantage of the Buyer because the items were "hidden" until the vessel was Surveyed.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:23 PM   #25
encantotom

even though i would not have been scared to buy this coach with the problems noted, i would have been scared at over 100k.

i suspect we will see this coach again.

very interesting and silly approach to selling this rig.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote