Aqua Hot digital reading.. - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2002, 04:51 AM   #1
Raul Cortez

Default Aqua Hot digital reading..

My Aqua Hot is registering weird temperatures. The water is hot and the heaters are heating, but the reading is very low. It used to read 200 max. And would fluctuate when hot water was used. Gary in parts recommended changing the sending unit. I will try that when I get it. Any hints on where it is located? And I don't see any coolant in the overflow reservoir. Should I add some coolant? What is the proper amount to add if needed? Should I be able to see coolant in the reservoir when hot? All advice is appreciated from fellow Newellies and Tech support.

Raul Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 02:04 PM   #2
TechTalk

Aqua Hot digital reading.. - We suggest you first turn off the system and allow it to cool. Then top off the fluid resouvoir (under the radiator cap), and the plastic coolant recovery tank to the marks stamped on the tank. Use a 50/50 mix of anti-freeze and water. Don't overfill the recovery tank or it will overflow when hot. But you should see fluid in the plastic tank, hot or cold. If the temperature reading is still irratic after topping off the fluid, change the sender. The sender is behind the access panel for the thermostats above the diesel burner.

Old 03-08-2002, 06:20 AM   #3
Raul Cortez

Follow up: I have topped off the resorvoir and still did not see a change in the reading. Gary in Parts sent me a sending unit and I have replaced it, and all is back to normal. I am getting normal readings up to 201 degrees. Thanks for all of the
Raul Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote