Kenmore Stacked washer/dryer - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2011, 02:37 AM   #1
tuga

Default Kenmore Stacked washer/dryer

I have a Kenmore stacked washer/dryer in my coach and the dryer doesn't get hot inside.
It tumbles the clothes, but they stay wet because the heating element is not energized.

I walked outside to feel the air coming out of the vent door and it is cool not hot. I flipped the circuit breaker and same thing - no heat!

Any ideas where to start looking?

Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:14 AM   #2
tuga

I have a complaint for the administrator of this site. I posted a new thread 30 minutes ago and I go back to check for any responses and I find that the thread is NOT listed in NEW POSTS.

What's the deal? How is my post supposed to receive any responses if it doesn't appear in New Posts?

Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 09-22-2011, 03:24 AM   #3
folivier

Tuga, on my Kenmore the dryer will not get hot if the washer is running. The manual says that is the way it is supposed to work. I think my dryer is 110v not 220v.
Kinda defeats the purpose of having a separate washer and dryer if it won't dry with the washer running, don't ya think?
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
tuga

Forest,

Thanks for your info, but one of the features we liked about the stacked w/d is that we could wash and dry at the same time. We have been doing that for 5 years!

I think that the element or a relay may be bad. I will check to see if I can find the manual for the dryer today to see if it is 120 or 240v.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 09-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #5
rheavn

Tuga,
I have the same Kenmore w/d unit that you have in your coach. I believe the dryer can be hooked up 110V or 220V. I believe the dryer in our coaches are hooked up to 110V. My owners manual shows that only the AquaHot and the cooktop are hooked up 220V. The part number for the heating element is 3398062.

Hope this helps........................
Old 09-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #6
tuga

Steve,

Thanks for the heating element part #, I found my Kenmore owner's manual and it shows the same number. I think that mine is wired to use 220v because when we were in Alaska most CGs are 30amp only. I could not run the dryer unless we had 50amp service, and I also couldn't run the Gaggenau stove.

Like I said in a previous post, I think mine is a 220v dryer. I'll tear into it in the next few days and will post my findings.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 09-22-2011, 09:36 PM   #7
RussWhite

Tuga - Mine is definitely 220vac - I just checked and it pulls about 12 amps on one phase and 16 on the other ( heater and motor ). It dries while I wash. Still betting on the heater element, but since I have not seen a schematic I am not sure about whether any relays are involved. Best to get it pulled out and see what is going on. Good luck. Russ
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:25 PM   #8
express1

Tuga, I do have a spare heat element.....but coach is in RENO!!
if you think my spellin is bad, you should sea my handwritten. #437 w/flex toad (STAY AWAY FROM LARRY BELL aka larrynjeri) he is a lier and a lock picker.
express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:33 PM   #9
tuga

Matt,

Would you mind going to get it?

Just kidding, I am going to try to start pulling the w/d out today. I guess the easiest way to test the heating element is to disconnect the power cord, disconnect the heating element, and the test it for continuity.

You hit the jackpot when you bought that coach; it must have spares for every accessory that is on the coach.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 09-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #10
express1

Yes, I did get lots of spare parts,,,,however the only one I've used on my coach has been the ride-level control....Other parts were used for friends

if you think my spellin is bad, you should sea my handwritten. #437 w/flex toad (STAY AWAY FROM LARRY BELL aka larrynjeri) he is a lier and a lock picker.
express1 is offline   Reply With Quote