Why did you buy a Newell Coach? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2006, 02:06 AM   #1
Newell Attack

Default Why did you buy a Newell Coach?

Thought this would make for an interesting topic:

The question is What helped weigh your decision to buy a Newell Coach over all the other bus conversions and motorhomes on the market today. For me it was the superior quality and craftsmanship that Newell offers besides being in my opinion the best built motorhome on the market today. I looked at bus conversions till I was blue in the face and none of them did it for me like the Newells did. Just something about them, The way it handled and the appearence combined with the craftsmanship was exactly what I was looking for and so one. Enough about me lets hear your stories.

Newell Attack

Jeff & Leann Shackly
Newell Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:26 AM   #2
Ground Control

I tell you this is an easy question for me to answer. I looked just like you have at bus conversions and even the thought of having a conversion done. Most conversions are built on old Greyhound MCI chassis with over a million miles on them and you have to rebuild everything from the ground up and you still have a bus made into a motorhome. A Newell is a motorhome from start to finish. Newell is the first to offer just about every option, sometimes years ahead of everyone else. Think about this for a moment, a classic Newell is built so good that the only company even today to come close to one is guess what? Another Newell. Nobody has ever built another coach that compares to any Newell old or new. IMHO. :lol:

Somebody looking to do a bus conversion would be way better off all the way around to buy a Newell like a classic and modernize it to their taste and have something much nicer. A lot of people don't know about Newell's and once they do, most all are sign, sealed and delivered. There will never be enough Newell's to go around, if people become more aware of these coaches.

I got lucky to find out about the Newell's. Since they only build a handful a year, it will be tough to be one of those lucky ones like me.

Old 02-12-2006, 02:19 AM   #3
jrarriola

I did over two years of research before we made our decision because we had never done any type of RV travel. So we had tons of questions to ask & information to gather. My husband collects classic cars so he's extremely picky about his vehicles & any kind of rattle drives him crazy! I'm an interior decorator so I'm very particular about how my living quarters look. Neither one of us can stand "the run around" in the world of customer service! So those were the beginnings of my priorities! I monitored several RV forums & I asked many questions; we went to RV Shows; if we were in restaurants & I'd overhear people talking about their RV I'd listen in! We drove at least 10 different brands & got the scoop from the salespeople. And the one thing that kept coming back around time after time was the Newell customer satisfaction. All of the other brands carried the "run-around" syndrome, from major problems down to tiny matters. But Newell was a one-stop-shop. And everyone we spoke with was very pleased with the end result of owning their Newell. And for my husband and myself that was of extreme importance. We went to Miami 3 or 4 times before we made our decision and each time we were treated like we were there to purchase a brand new coach! Even though they knew if we bought, we were going to be purchasing an older coach with no slides. Every person in the organization went out of their way to make sure we were treated with kindness and were very professional in each of their jobs. And to this day, they still do! We've had our coach almost two years and we absolutely love it! It is a 1996 no-slide & if we ever trade, it will be for another Newell with two slides. But for now it is perfect for us! My husband says it drives like a dream and I say it rides like sitting on a marshmellow! It is just beautiful inside and out & we're so thrilled that it's ours!

Rosetta
jrarriola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:29 PM   #4

My wife has always wanted one. Do I have to say more
Old 04-01-2006, 09:38 PM   #5
The Newell

Good answer!! The wife usually has the last say so in everything, Give them what they want and they are happy, if you don't you know the flip side to what I'm saying LOL.

Joseph

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:19 AM   #6
tuga

I purchased my first Newell in 1992; it was a 1987 Newell Classic 40' w/tag axle. I looked at a used Wanderlodge and a new 1992 Holiday Rambler 40'. The HR was $6000 more expensive than the 1987 Newell; and the Newell was better built, better floorplan, and the ride was superior to the HR. I used the coach for 5 years and sold it for 25% less than I paid for it (5% per year depreciation ain't bad IMHO).
My second Newell was a 1993 44' and we put 116,000 miles on it in 8 years (depreciation 6% per year).
Now I am on my third Newell; 1999 Dual slide 45' w/rear bath & a half bath. It has low miles and Karen and I love it. I will never own anything but a Newell; it just my personal choice. I will say that I looked at Prevost Liberty in Stuart, FL before buying the 1999 Newell coach. The Liberty was a 1999 45' Elegant Lady w/ no slides. It was very nice and rode like a dream; but, the Newell had more "live-ability". The slide outs and the rear bath made all the difference; there was no comparison in the two coaches - The Newell won hands down! At first I was leary of the slide outs. I had heard stories of pinched gaskets and hydraulic hoses that burst and spued oil all over the bedroom, but we must progress so I decided to dive in and just buy one. Boy, am I glad that I did. We LOVE THE SLIDE OUTS! The techs @ Newell service department tell me that the problems with slides usually manifest themselves in the first year or so; after that, they are pretty much trouble free. The extra room is wonderful My hat is off to Karl Blade and all of the employees of Newell Coach - they have made it possible for all of us to own the best motorcoach on the road, a Newell.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:00 PM   #7

Having been in the manufacturing end of the motorhome business for over 20 years, I knew what coach I would buy when the time came to do so. (NEWELL) However, you never really know about any product till you own & use it. After 7 years and 150,000 miles, NEWELL has surpassed my expectations. In addition to the looks, drivability and interior designs, I am positive that Newell offers the absolute best after sale service in the industry. After all, what good is all of the other compliments if you can't keep it on the road? It's nice to knpw the tedious task of Coach shopping is over for good! It will always be a NEWELL. Thanks to Karl Blade and all of the fine people at Newell Coach.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:08 PM   #8
larryweikart

Sorry, I was also on another site when I posted my reply. I was in the motorhome manufacturing business for over 20 years and posted the last reply. I only put this post in so that my name is shown for any Newell prospective owner who wouldlike to contact me with any questions about the product. Yes, I'm biased, but for very good, solid reasons.

Larry Weikart Coach# 365
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:10 AM   #9
khpaladin

Prescott Valley

In contemplating retirement my 'Redhead' Wyn wanted to travel via RV, I told her you find it we'll buy it (got to keep the Mrs happy). We figured a mid-price range rig, we did not want a new unit and loose 18%-23% as soon as you leave the lot. She researched for over a year, we went to RV shows, dealers, etc. We looked at everything and could not find anything with good quality and craftsmanship. If we did find a unit she liked, I'd checked the engineering and at 6'-4" walked through the unit, needless to say I ended up taking several Tylenol. In one instant the salesman was showing us the larger than most shower with a skylight, that even I could fit in. I did fit, however, through the skylight my eyes were even with the roofline. Wyn found out about Newells and found a Newell consignment agent in Phoenix, AZ. We made an appointment and flew to Phoenix in '97, and out of the five units there the 'Redhead' fell in love with the '81 40' Newell that the consignment agent had, and it was for sale. As you can guess we bought the '81 Winter Demo right there and then. The Newell quality and craftsmanship is beyond any in the industry, and we found that Newell with very little exception is the leader in keeping on the cutting edge in quality and technology. We sold our place in California, moved into our Newell and have never looked back. In '03 shortly after we started fulltiming we had an '03 Newell park next to us at a RV park we were at. The '03 was 5' longer, 2'taller, and 6" wider, with 4 slides and all the bells and whistles. However, the owner was more enthralled with our 40' 96" wide classic coach than we were of his 3 month old coach. Aren't classics grand???

Ki

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/forum/members/khpaladin-albums-1981-newell-40-6v92-ta.html
khpaladin is offline   Reply With Quote