Replaced another Gast compressor - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
ccjohnson

Default Replaced another Gast compressor

I just replaced another Gast compressor. Last one was in April. It ran great for about 7 months then just pretty rapidly quit building pressure. It only builds to about 70-75 psi. Anyone else having problems with them?

XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
ccjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
MrE

[h=1]Warranty Information[/h] Gast finished products, when properly installed and operated under normal conditions of use, are warranted by Gast to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of purchase from Gast or an authorized Gast Representative or Distributor. In order to obtain performance under this warranty, the buyer must promptly (in no event later than thirty (30) days after discovery of the defect) give written notice of the defect to Gast Manufacturing, Inc, PO Box 97, Benton Harbor Michigan USA 49023-0097 or an authorized Service Center (unless specifically agreed upon in writing signed by both parties or specified in writing as part of a Gast OEM Quotation). Buyer is responsible for freight charges both to and from Gast in all cases.

This warranty does not apply to electric motors, electrical controls, and gasoline engines not supplied by Gast. Gast's warranties also do not extend to any goods or parts which have been subjected to misuse, lack of maintenance, neglect, damage by accident or transit damage.
This express warranty excludes all other warranties or representations expressed or implied by any literature, data, or person. Gast's maximum liability under this exclusive remedy shall never exceed the cost of the subject product and Gast reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to refund the purchase price in lieu of repair or replacement.
Gast will not be responsible or liable for indirect or consequential damages of any kind, however arising, including but not limited to those for use of any products, loss of time, inconvenience, lost profit, labor charges, or other incidental or consequential damages with respect to persons, business, or property, whether as a result of breach of warranty, negligence or otherwise. Notwithstanding any other provision of this warranty, buyer's remedy against Gast for goods supplied or for non-delivered goods or failure to furnish goods, whether or not based on negligence, strict liability or breach of express or implied warranty, is limited solely, at Gast's option, to replacement of or cure of such nonconforming or non-delivered goods or return of the purchase price for such goods and in no event shall exceed the price or charge for such goods. Gast expressly disclaims any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular use or purpose with respect to the goods sold. There are no warranties which extend beyond the descriptions set forth in this warranty, notwithstanding any knowledge of Gast regarding the use or uses intended to be made of goods, proposed changes or additions to goods, or any assistance or suggestions that may have been made by Gast personnel.
Unauthorized extensions of warranties by the customer shall remain the customer's responsibility.
Customer is responsible for determining the suitability of Gast products for customer's use or resale, or for incorporating them into objects or applications which customer designs, assembles, constructs or manufactures.
This warranty can be modified only by authorized Gast personnel by signing a specific, written description of any modifications.

Warranty Information - Gast

1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
ccjohnson

Thanx for the info Jon. I was able to get it warranted by Grainger where I originally bought it. This time I also got a 3 yr extended warranty for +/- 130. Starting from date of replacement not original purchase. Not a bad price for 3-4 compressors assuming an 8 month failure rate.
XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
Old 01-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
MrE

I love a happy ending
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #5
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

Clint, I am wondering if you have an air leak that causes the compressor to run too much and too often.
2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:08 PM   #6
Neweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester B. Stone, Jr. View Post
Clint, I am wondering if you have an air leak that causes the compressor to run too much and too often.
That is kind of what I was wondering. When you were down at Newell, did they check for any leaks?

I was also curious to what model or part number yours is?
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:45 AM   #7
ccjohnson

I am pretty sure i have also developed an air leak since our last visit to Newell. I will have Tommy & the boys look for it in March when we take the coach up for a big interior make-over.

XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab