Owner of somewhat defunct 1990 Newell Coach - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2015, 05:00 AM   #1
PermianRaptor

Odessa
Default Owner of somewhat defunct 1990 Newell Coach

Hi all, my name is David and I am new to the technical aspects of luxury coaches. I have a 1990 Newell Coach which has long since been "forgotten", a term that is thrown around loosely as the coach is sort of defunct, the diesel generator up front has stopped producing electricity but it does run the same as when it was bought. The rear camera has also failed, playing noise but only showing a fuzzy screen. The plumbing, heating and air are fine as well as electrical. I am trying my hardest to revive this coach, as my family allowed it to sit so long without the proper maintenance. Tomorrow I will be taking better photos of the engine, generator, interior and exterior to follow up with this post. I am also an active member on the Ford Raptor forum in the case that any coach owners here also have one, I go by PermianRaptor on there as well. My prior experience with forums has lead me to seek one like this as the local shops are not a help at all. Many thanks in advance, photos of the coach are attached. God Bless
Attached Images

PermianRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:21 PM   #2
MrE

David, welcome to LCL! Sounds like you’re on the right track, this forum has very knowledgeable members always willing to help, and has easily searchable archives the will provide solutions for almost anything you run across.

The generator running is a good sign, could be as simple as an incorrect switch setting, bad connection or blown fuse.

Costco has a rearview camera for $200 that I installed in my coach and it’s worked flawlessly. http://www.costco.com/.product.11526...rySiloedViewCP The kit includes everything you need to install, and comes with some technology upgrades from the last 25 years that you will appreciate.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote