Leveling systems.... - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2008, 10:56 PM   #1
67 Goat

Default Leveling systems....

What has been the choice pick for leveling systems? I am currently runny an electric leveling foot system with my original non-controllable bags, but have been thinking of converting over to a full air bag system with a level controller...

I have heard that the air systems tend to bleed off quickly unless you have a really good system setup. What brands seem to be the best for air? and what would be a good price on a complete setup?

Thanks.....

67 Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:36 PM   #2
Neweller

The available range of the air suspension system is limited, generally 4-5 inches max. They work in most situations, but occasionally you find yourself on a site that places you out of their range of operation. Another advantage to the air is that you have only one system to maintain.

On the other hand, the electric jacks that I've seen are not adequately rated to handle the weight of a full size coach like a Newell, especially the rear, even though the range of the jacks is greater than that of air springs. The big negative here that I see is having another system to maintain, providing the jacks will handle the weight. To me, hydraulic has the same drawback; just something else to maintain when you can do an adequate job with what the bus was equipped with.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:53 AM   #3
Barthman

I vote for the air bags set up. With jacks you can only level by raising the coach. Sometimes puts the front end way up in the air. Using air bags, you usually lower the coach to level. Yes, there is a little movement with air bags and tires. But isn't to a point where it would be uncomfortable.
2002 Honda LX Manual Trans
Blue Ox Aladdin Tow Bar

Interested in Trading Up to a Larger Luxury Coach
Like a Newell, Wanderlodge, Featherlite, Marathon, Millennium, will Consider Others
Barthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:16 PM   #4
SharkRacing

We have had our airbag leveling system for years now and it will stay up for months at a time. We have a manual system with 4) air ride seat valves and 4) 100 psi gauges, without the original automatic suspension valves. When we eliminated the suspension valves our leaks went away. we have 7" of travel on the rear and about 6" on the front. We have never been in a situation where we have not been able to get comfortably level, I'm not saying we were always perfectly level, but we were comfortable. With airbag leveling you will still feel some motion as people move around inside the Newell or in a strong wind, but that has never bothered us too much. With the electric jacks you would have better stability when parked.

2005 45' Quad Slide
Featherlite Enclosed

The rest is too long to list.
SharkRacing is offline   Reply With Quote