Toilet question - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
David and Teresa

Default Toilet question

Recently our toilet slowly leaks water from the bowl but only while parked at home, not on the road. Just returned from a week trip and everything worked fine while on the road and parked. Come home and the next day, empty. I've cleaned the rubber gasket and it's seat, but still leaks. I'm guessing it has something to do with air pressure. Anybody have this happen?

1999 Newell 45' Coach #513
David and Teresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
David and Teresa

Just to have an answer for this: Replaced rubber gaskets in the toilet and all is well. I guess, like all rubber, over time it ages and is less flexible.

1999 Newell 45' Coach #513
David and Teresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
Neweller

Thanks for sharing and I apologize to you for having to address your own post. I'm actually surprised that this post was not covered way back in May. I had what sounds like the same problem on one of my prior coaches and basically did what you had done with cleaning it until I mentioned it to a friend whom owns a large RV supply company and he gave me a new gasket which solved the problem. They definitely shrink up and really once disturbed never seem to seal properly again.

Thanks so much for following up with us, this is always valuable information.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote