What Insurance Company Do You Use? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
WildCat

Default What Insurance Company Do You Use?

What insurance companies do you like?

I've heard of FMCA Insurance but can't seem to find them on the web. If anyone happens to have a link it would be appreciated.

WildCat

WildCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
Neweller

I previously used Allied and then Geico for my RV insurance. I had some people tell me they didn't like Allied Insurance and I actually liked them better than Geico whom I still have. Geico screwed my on one of my enclosed trailers. I mean what a joke, I still get a claim on my insurance record but never went over my deductible.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #3
GypsyCliff

I agree with Neweller, Geico offers decent coverage nothing to brag about but price is right.

1976 Newell Coach W/Cummins Engine
GypsyCliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #4
JustDustin

Hi WildCat, FMCA doesn't offer insurance.

These threads will help you out.

http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...nce-costs.html

http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...ll-timing.html

http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...insurance.html
JustDustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #5
Gimpy

Online quoting systems are your best friend, and just about every major insurance company has them on their websites. I think I ran online quotes through GMAC, Farmer's, Allstate (who I have my other home/auto insurance through), State Farm, Geico, Progressive, and a couple no names who I found online (who ended up just being brokers for larger companies). That's what you need to do, to know what's best for your specific rig and planned uses. Make sure YOU get to declare the RV's value in the event that it's totaled, and research the roadside assistance limits if you plan to use what the insurance company offers.

Franco Filipovic

2001 Newell Coach

Detroit Series 60 HP 500

Allison 6 Speed HD4060
[TABLE="width: 260, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Gimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #6
Newellin Thunder

One place you should get a quote from is ExplorerRV.com Everybody's personal situation and needs are different. Plus rates are different in each state and different companies handle their rates differently. A company that is great for one person and has low a rates may be an expensive choice for someone else. For that reason, everybody has to shop for their own insurance.

2005 Newell Thunder
Shakin the open road!
Newellin Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:00 PM   #7
Narrowrd

I realize this is an old thread but I figured I would add a few more data points. I used Geico to insure my '89 but wasn't sold on the coverage. I've had a few roadside assistance claims with Geico, but nothing major. Geico wanted $1500/year, and that's with 500/250/100. So I went shopping. I heard Bluesky was legitimate so I got a quote from them, it's virtually identical to Geico but it has a diminishing deductable of 25% year each year with no claims. So if you have your first claim on year five, you save the $1000 deductable. I may switch for that and the fact that Bluesky is considered top shelf whilst Geico is mehhhh.

No insurance co will put a price on my '89. Geico wanted to know purchase price, but then they said they will pay "whatever" it costs to repair. I'm sure if it is struck by a meteor they will total it, at which point everyone gets very nervous. That's what got me shopping around, because the Geico agent couldn't give me a sufficient answer. While I don't expect them to buy me a brand new Newell, each of these is so unique and there is a lot of time spent to keep them road worthy. What I don't want is an insurance co that goes out and buys me a short bus with a cot in the back to replace my "converted" bus, you feel me?