I am retiring from RVing - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
tuga

Default I am retiring from RVing

After careful thought and consideration, Karen and I have decided to quit RVing. We listed the coach for sale with Ken Robertson' Luxury Coach Brokers in Tampa, FL. We have had 19 wonderful years of meeting great friends and traveling from Key West to Alaska and San Diego to Atlantic City.

I will continue posting and enjoying this forum and the people on it. Hope that we can be of any assistance to our Newellie friends.

We will continue to travel by car (Karen is afraid to fly) and look forward to seeing more of this great country of ours.

Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
rheavn

Glad to hear that you will continue to follow the forum as you have been a big help to me & others. Suzy & I feel like you are a friend & "we'll keep the light on" in our guest quarters for you. God bless you in your new adventures.

Thanks again.......................

Old 11-28-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
express1

Default Retire?

SAY IT AIN'T SO!
if you think my spellin is bad, you should sea my handwritten. #437 w/flex toad (STAY AWAY FROM LARRY BELL aka larrynjeri) he is a lier and a lock picker.
express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #4
tuga

Steve,

Thanks for the offer, we may take you up on that. Please call me with any questions, I would love to talk Newells.

Matt,

Sorry to say it is true! However, we will still read on the forum and maybe go to some rallies (if they have a "shed" for us to stay in). Remember the "shed" in Austin!

Could you re-glue that door handle on my entrance door? The handle came off again.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 11-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #5
Richard and Rhonda

Tuga,

I know you and Louise thought long and hard about this, and I wish you the best in the next chapter. I will always cherish your friendship, coach or not.

If you head this way in the fall for leaf peeping, let me know, we have plenty of room.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:16 PM   #6
chockwald

I'm with Matt.......say it ain't so!
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:28 AM   #7
tuga

Richard,

Thanks for the offer; I will take you up on it if we come that way. I really enjoyed being with you and Rhonda when we worked on the Aqua Hot in Ft. Worth.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 11-29-2010, 02:33 AM   #8
tuga

Clark,

It's true; we just feel that it is time for a little vacation from the expenses and depreciation.

I will always look back on those posts where you are singing while driving your Newell down the highway. I remember how exciting I used to be when I had my first Newell. After 19 years the excitement has waned, and I am really tired paying the bills! So we are going to take a little break and travel by Honda Pilot for a few years.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 11-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #9
chockwald

Well, next Fall we will be retired, and will be heading south for the winter. We will be sure to stop in and visit with you.
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:55 PM   #10
zcasa

This lifestyle is wonderful. We had our Newell for 5 years and did the four corners of the continental USA. We had many great experiences as Tuga has mentioned. We were no different than the typical investor, as we bought high and sold low. The economy of the past few years hasn't helped the RV formula. Tuga mentioned in a previous post that Coaches are selling at up to a 40% discount to depreciated value. Ouch. However, what an amazing time to purchase a Coach. Tuga's Coach will make someone very very happy. All of us simply make the investment necessary to add one of our life's pleasures to our experiences, while we can. Priceless. I'm reminded of an etching on the back of a Coach that we passed on the highway. It simply said:

"You may as well travel first class, or your children will"

Carpe Diem.

David
zcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:46 PM   #11
tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by chockwald View Post
Well, next Fall we will be retired, and will be heading south for the winter. We will be sure to stop in and visit with you.

Clark,

We would love to have you and Elaine stop by and visit with us. And that goes for all of our Newellie friends.

David,

We also have surely enjoyed the years in the Newell. Those trips were priceless. Fortuneately, we have pictures and souveniers to remind us of the good times.

We do however plan to continue traveling; it will just be in a Honda Pilot and not a Newell.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 11-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #12
smagown

Tuga:

I really enjoyed meeting you and Louise in Austin and reading all the posts here on the forum. I'm outside West Monroe one mile north of I-20 on 8 acres. If ya'll are passing thru you can stay in my Newell to remind you of that "depreciating feeling". I've got 50amp service and full hookup if anyone is traveling by.

Take care my friend.
97 #458 w/3 roof airs, 07 997 GT3, 62 Vette,67 SS427 Chevelle, 02 Boxter, 74 GMC mtr hm, 88 Mastercraft 190 Prostar, 86 Ski Nautique 2000, 02 Baja Islander 212
smagown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #13
prairieschooner

50 Amp Service I'm there!
Sorry to hear that you will no longer be with a NEWELL but all of our plans change with time. Good luck on your future adventures, I am sure that you will be making the most of it.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #14
Neweller

We all Salute you two! Thank You, for your valued support here and in the world of Newell's.

Hint, If you had another year of Newelling, you would have a full twenty in. We'll just have to consider you in the Newell reserves.

NC Platoon
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:35 AM   #15
tuga

Steve, Steve & Marcia, and NCadmin,

Thanks for all the kind words Steve, we enjoyed meeting you also. We will still be traveling only by car; so if we are in the Monroe area we will try to stop by.
Louise does not like to fly so it looks like we will be cruising in the Honda Pilot.

We will still be on the forum, and maybe even attend some mini rallies - just staying in the cabins (or as Matt Russo and I call them "sheds") in the CG. Again, thanks for the sentiment - we had a great ride in the best coach on the road for 19 years!

Coach #512
2005 Pilot