Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Backup monitor works intermittently???

New Reply
Subscription Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
11-13-2006, 04:53 AM
Default Backup monitor works intermittently???

The monitor for our backup and turning cameras will not generally work until we have been moving down the road for several minutes. It is almost as though something has to warm up for the system to work. It might be my imagination but I think it is takes longer when it is cold outside.

Any thoughts on this one???

11-17-2006, 03:07 PM

My experience with electric/electronic problems in the coach has been a bad ground 99% of the time. Maybe the coach movement is causing a loose wire to eventaully make contact. The system works so I would start by checking connections.

Troy Tikalsky
1986 Newell WB40
12-14-2006, 05:08 PM

thanks and you were right by the way it was a bad ground.

Joseph
12-14-2006, 09:17 PM

Joseph, thanks for posting the solution to your problem. Everyone learns when problems and solutions are posted. It is easy to forget once you get a problem solved that others are interested in the solution.

When my backup monitor started failing (it would come on then fade out) it turned out to be the camera going bad.
New Reply