Sticking glide out gaskets - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2006, 09:34 PM   #1
Tuga Gaidry

Default Sticking glide out gaskets

I have noticed that when my bedroom glide out is first extended, the gasket seems to stick to the room during the first 12 to 18 inches. With the room extended I cleaned the outside with Simple Green and water and rinsed it thoroughly. Could anyone recommend a powder or a liquid to lubricate the gasket and keep it from sticking? The bedroom gasket was recently changed (1 month ago). It was nicked by a grinding wheel while the coach was being prepped for painting. The front glide out doesn't stick; it is the orginal gasket (still has paint on it). The coach is a 1999 model. I was told when extending the room; if the gasket sticks, stop the extending process, wait a couple of seconds, then continue pressing the extend button. I have done this and it works every time, but I am afraid that I may "roll" a gasket because of this sticking. Any ideas or help will be appreciated.
Tuga Gaidry is offline   Reply With Quote