Tempe/Phoenix RV Park Suggestions - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2011, 04:35 AM   #1
prestadude

Default Tempe/Phoenix RV Park Suggestions

I will be traveling to Tempe for my sons graduation from ASU (May, 2012). Any suggestions for parks with easy access, pull throughs, sized for a 45' rig pulling a minivan? I have no experience pulling a vehicle so the idea of not being able to backup is putting me in a very cautious mood.

prestadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:53 AM   #2
encantotom

hi Tim,

i live in mesa and my daughter goes to asu. there are not many rv parks in the tempe area, but near me there are alot of nice ones with pull throughs that would be only a 20 minute drive to asu.

may is a good time as the snowbirds will be gone and there will be plenty of places to choose from.

we would love to meet you then as well.

tom and darlene

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
chockwald

When we attended our daughter's graduation from ASU in May of 2008 we spent the day in the ASU stadium parking lot, which is walking distance to the graduation facility, and then dry camped the night at the nearby Walmart. There is a nice Cracker Barrel restaurant in the same parking lot. The reason we chose to dry camp was that the first two RV parks we contacted had a 10 year old limitation on motorhomes, and at 1982 we are considerably past that age restriction. We sent them a picture of our coach, but it made no difference. They were not concerned with the condition of the coach, just the age.
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #4
MarkofSJC

Chockwald,
Age descrimination ~ against a Newell? WOW! My son goes to U of A and kept saying they have an unusually way of thinking there, but that takes the cake!
MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:36 PM   #5
Wally Arntzen

Clarke, I have an 88 and when they ask the age I tell them it's a 2001 and I never have a problem. I decided not to play the game of getting turned down and it works. If the coach looks good they have no idea what year it is. Give it a try. I don't think God would care if we just fibbed to get a place to stay.
Merry Cristmas, Wally
1988 Newell Coach #163
40' with tag 8V92
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:56 PM   #6
prairieschooner

Wally,
I like that idea! I haven't had that problem when driving into the Park.
I did have a #@&* tell me that we couldn't stay at Pelican Point RV Park, Half Moon Bay, CA because she said that we were a converted Bus. I simply told here to check this website, but she still wanted to argue that were were a converted Bus. I asked to have her call the Manager and he "let" us stay there. Needless to say the stay was terrible because the place was not friendly and they actually wanted to charge $5.00 a head for any visitor even if they walked in or we went to pick them up!!
We have a simple rule now, generally if they state that we are a converted Bus or won't let us in because the coach is over 10 years old....we just leave!!
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:35 PM   #7
express1

Converted from what????? Part of that may be correct!!! LOL
if you think my spellin is bad, you should sea my handwritten. #437 w/flex toad (STAY AWAY FROM LARRY BELL aka larrynjeri) he is a lier and a lock picker.
express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:36 AM   #8
prairieschooner

yeah but if you pulled in............

1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote