basement has no power - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
Boondockers

Default basement has no power

Hello, sorry if this sounds dumb but im totally lost don't know if im doing something wrong but I have no power in my basement compartment and it has a 110 plug and not sure if there's a switch to turn it on or something???

boondockers

Boondockers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
MrE

There should be a power panel on your forward bedroom wall drivers side. Check to see if any of the circuit breakers need resetting.

1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:43 PM   #3
lbrachfe

some of the bays are tied to the GFI over the kitchen sink. Reset the gfi switch and see if you get power below
lbrachfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
77newell

Boondockers: it would help if you posted the year your coach was made. The suggestion by Larry to check the GFI would make no sense with my 77 coach since GFI's weren't used then. Without knowing the year of your coach we can't provide "age appropriate" information.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
Boondockers

I have my information in the sig. I don't know why it's not posting.

1993 Newell

Thank you in advance.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #6
77newell

Boondocker: thanks for the update, it is weird when things don't go the way we thought. On my 77 coach, of limited relevance to your coach perhaps, there is a circuit breaker for all the non-main floor circuits. There is no shutoff switch and as I referenced before no GFI (my coach precedes that technology - I know it's stone-age but it did come with anti-skid brakes).

If you can find a tripped breaker you probably are on your way to solving it. If you have any GFI's I would check them since as Larry noted they can trip breakers and we don't know how your circuits are aligned. If you have a tripped breaker and no tripped GFI's then things get tougher. Somewhere you have a short or overload, a short typically will trip the breaker faster than a short. If you suspect a short and are comfortable working on electrical stuff then I would start by opening the receptical boxes to look for shorts. Otherwise you are going to have to trace the wiring to see where uninsulated wires are crossing. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote