I've got to ask who drives? - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2012, 01:10 AM   #21
bigcatwally

My wife can drive the coach and she does. She says that if I can she can and she's right. I think most wives can handle it. It's usually just fear for most, but once they try it a couple times they may want to take over.

1979 Classic Newell Coach
1967 Ford Mustang
1969 Chevrolet El Camino SS
bigcatwally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:12 AM   #22
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

Just wait until she has a front tire blowout.

2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:53 AM   #23
Summersgal

I do 99.8% of all the driving. Jeff use to drive the first 30 miles or so, he doesn't even do that now! He has the TV or the Xbox going before I even get out of the driveway. We just came home from a 2516 mile trip and I did all the driving! I enjoy driving our Newell and I never get tired of driving, it is allot of fun. He keeps my glass full of Ice tea and a sandwich when I need it! He try's to convenience me that I need to drive so that he can walk around the coach listening for any strange noises that I can never hear that he claims he can...I don't know how he can hear anything since he always has his headphones on! :-)

Pam
Coach #432
Summersgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #24
Raymond N Priscilla Miller

Pam that's quite the hook up Jeff has got going! Headphones and all.

The wife doesn't drive. But not because she can't. I enjoy driving the coach and am comfortable doing that. She has taken driving lessons and is capable of taking over if need be or if I become ill.

Our personal arrangement is: I drive us to where we want to go and she drives the toad around when we get there.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #25
NewellCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersgal View Post
I do 99.8% of all the driving. Jeff use to drive the first 30 miles or so, he doesn't even do that now! He has the TV or the Xbox going before I even get out of the driveway. We just came home from a 2516 mile trip and I did all the driving! I enjoy driving our Newell and I never get tired of driving, it is allot of fun. He keeps my glass full of Ice tea and a sandwich when I need it! He try's to convenience me that I need to drive so that he can walk around the coach listening for any strange noises that I can never hear that he claims he can...I don't know how he can hear anything since he always has his headphones on! :-)

Pam
Jeff looks like Pam sold you out sweet so whats your gamer tag ? My son and I we play too so what games are you playing these days ?? MW3(Modern Warfare 3), Battlefield 3, any of the Halo games or Call of Duty?

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #26
pairodice

My wife took driving lessons from Foretravel in Nacogdoches, TX. She drove at least 50% of the time while I worked in the back of the coach. She is a great driver and I trust her. Once we were driving through a lonely stretch and I was sleeping in the back. I woke up and walked up behind her, when I looked at the speedo she was going over 100mph!
She doesn't like to use the cruise control...
pairodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:03 AM   #27
jWolfe

My wife at the time drove the coach but I'd be lying if I said I trusted her! I was afraid of her driving in any vehicle!

No, it's not what you are thinking, this has nothing to do with her being my now ex-wife!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #28
Neweller

Originally I had my wife drive a couple different Class C motorhomes because of the width perception, they feel much smaller compared to a Class A. Now the trick will be to not worry about the length, but of course be aware of it.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #29
JustDustin

Teaching your co-pilot to drive your coach is important. You can then share driving duties and it helps cut down driver fatigue. And like others stated if the main driver is you and you should ever become sick or hurt, you can still keep rolling.
JustDustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #30
speedingsport

Practice makes perfect. A Newell coach is a lot larger and longer than a regular vehicle. So, take your time, get use to your coach and practice, practice, practice! Anyone can drive a Newell coach!
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #31
FJGuard

We both drive the Newell. I feel it's very important that both husband and wife should know how to drive. I am the main driver of our coach but my wife still knows how to handle the coach if needed. She is also very good at parking. Another thing that's important is that each traveler should know the ins and outs of map reading. This way hopefully you'll never get lost!
FJGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #32
stewart33

My wife does all the driving... I just get to hold the steering wheel.

stewart33 is offline   Reply With Quote