Rand Paul Writes Giant Check to U.S. Treasury - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
NewellCrazy

Default Rand Paul Writes Giant Check to U.S. Treasury

Sen. Rand Paul cut a six-figure check to the U.S. Treasury on Wednesday in an effort to do his part to put a tiny chip in the federal debt.
The Kentucky Republican returned $600,000 in funds he saved from his Senate office budget in the last year, the Louisville Courier-Journal reported.

“It’s the only budget I control,” Paul said at a news conference in Louisville. “It’s not enough, but it’s a start.”

The $600,000 — about 17 percent of his 3.5 million office budget — is on top of another $500,000 Paul returned to the Treasury last year, according to CNN. Paul said the total unspent money he’s returned to the federal government amounts to $1.1 million.

“We watch every purchase,” Paul said. “We watch what computers we buy, what paper we buy, the ink cartridges. We treat the money like it’s our money, or your money, and we look at every expenditure.”
The senator, a Tea Party favorite, noted, “We are frugal from top to bottom.”

Rand Paul Writes Giant Check to U.S. Treasury | Video | TheBlaze.com

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
folivier

Bravo! Now if we can get all the others to realize that it really is OUR MONEY!

1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:50 PM   #3
Neweller

Could you imagine how much money and better ran our government would be if everyone had this attitude. Even when I was in the military, I remember how we had to make sure we spent everything that was allocated or we would be up a river with higher brass. We wasted so so much money it was actually sickening. And to think about how much is wasted in the military and then go into the public sector and that waste is beyond sickening. We could have a much better run country and probably half the taxes producing a robust economy not even seen yet. But.........we have a lot of idiots running the show and have been for so so long, that the average Joe doesn't know or care what top notch politician is or would be. Just lie, it's no big deal.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote