Engine Radiator Fan - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2009, 02:51 AM   #21
Wally Arntzen

I went to Tom's friend in Arizona and got the oil from him and changed it in the RV park I was in and did not get caught or make a mess to worry about. I went to campers world and bought a waste holding tank on wheels that was on sale for 49 bucks, drained the oil into it and brought back to Tom's friend and dumped the waste oil into his old oil tank and left the holding tank at a friends house for next year.
I deal with a bus garage in Bloomington, MN which specializes in 8v92's and they have 40 wieght oil in 50 gallon drums, the same as Tom's friend.
Any shop that does a lot of work on old buses has the oil or has ready access to it. The shop that I deal with has 30 weight with the same spec's that they use in buses that run in the winter in Minnesota, but I always use the 40 weight.
I do every other change myself and change oil 2 times a year wether it needs it or not, and when its changed at the garage I have the old oil analyzed to determine condition of the engine. They also lube it and change the differential and transmission at the same time. I use transend synthetic in the tranny and synthetic in the differential, both very pricey but very protective to the equipment.I also change the anti freeze every year which assures me that the radiator will stay clean.
I am a preventative maintanance maniac but I think its worth it. I don't drink or use drugs, don't smoke, don't cheat on my wife so I spent a few extra bucks on taking care of the coach.
Wally

Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:04 PM   #22
zcasa

Wally, definitely sounds like your philosophy keeps life much less complicated. Forecast calls for no hurricanes during the Creede week. Come on over.

David

zcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #23
Richard and Rhonda

That is a wonderful idea for the drain pan. Thanks Wally.

CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote