Annual Luxury Coach Rally - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #21
chockwald

This is a great idea....I've been involved in putting together 3 Newell min rallies now, and they are a great opportunity to meet fellow Newell owners, although we always have non-owners attending.....we have 3 Foretravels here in Spearfish, and a Class B, plus a Bluebird will be coming in tomorrow. We refer to our rallies as "loosely organized", and that seems to work well as most of us are retired from the organized world and shy away from rigid schedules, and the really large rallies like the FMCA one in Gillette that had 3,000 RV's. The trick is there is no registration fee....only the cost of your site. You attend what discussions you wish to attend, or do your own thing. We have made many many good friends over the years. Hope this comes off!

2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #22
stewart33

I don't think I could offer much help in the organizing area as my schedule can be pretty all over the place. But once there is a place and time in mind I can try to make it happen. It would be nice to put some faces to names here on the forum.

stewart33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #23
MrE

I sill work full time, so I would have to try to make it happen also. Since I can't do much as far a helping organize, I can share this informative video with everyone, just in case no one brings a bottle opener.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0QmKHfYfovk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:40 AM   #24
Land yacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachts View Post
Yes that is where we are staying.. Our date to arrive is the Sunday after the fourth of july (7th) leaving by the next Friday.. We may try to get there early or go to Biloxi first. Not sure.. If you are there we would love to meet you!
Yachts, Unfortunately, we will be out of town, Destin, until July 21st. If you or another Newell owner comes through town, I would be happy to trade a boat ride (looking for dolphins) for a coach tour. We have our boat and condo for sale and plan to full-time. Meanwhile Destin is a great place - whitest beaches you have ever seen!
Land yacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:45 AM   #25
Yachts

Well you are welcome to tour anytime.. We just need to be in the same vicinity.. Lol .. Where you gonna be?
Yachts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:07 AM   #26
Land yacht

We are heading to Redding, CA this weekend for 3 weeks. Destin in the fall is the ultimate, better weather fewer tourists :-) how did you get handle "Yachts" ? I am hoping to move from a motoryacht to a land yacht!
Land yacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:28 AM   #27
Yachts

I used to have a 61 foot hatteras.. I bought it in Toledo Ohio and drove it to Tulsa ok .. Had it for a couple of years.. Loved it!!! Been looking for a steal on one again.. Found one that was a hurricane Katrina casualty. A guy bought it drove it to Muskogee Oklahoma.. Started to refurb it.. Went through a bankruptcy.. Bank got it back started to finish it..they had it gutted it had overhauled engines new electronics 2 new gen sets and airs.. Other than that it was a shell..the boat to be made sea worthy was another 250k but if you would keep it as a lake boat you could get by for 100k..boats that have sunk are worth about half of a non sunk boat and a early 90's 80 footer was worth 500k..I figured this boat was 300k boat.. It still needed a paint job which is another 80k or so.. I offered the bank 40 for it.. They countered at 300 as is.. Needless to say I didn't buy it..the president of the bank was gonna show his new loan officers how to work his way out of a bad loan.. Last I heard they were 450 into it and it still needed paint..
Old 06-25-2013, 07:43 AM   #28
ccjohnson

Sounds a lot like my banker!
XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
ccjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #29
larryweikart

We would definitely be interested in attending and meeting our fellow Newel owners. It all depends on when and where. Newell has rally planned for Northern Mi. which is a very beautiful area in the summer, but we would attend any within a 1000 miles or so. June is the only month we couldn't attend. I would sure look forward to learning a lot from those of you who seem to have a good knowledge of Newells. Always a lot to learn! Look forward to hearing more about the plans. Let's keep the idea moving to fruition.
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #30
rellick

Larry, I hope you plan on bringing one of your hotrod toads,
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #31
Neweller

Keith, that is a great idea! I say bring whatever prize ride you have or bring somebody else's. But most of all I'd say bring your self coach and all.

One never knows what fine specimen of a toad Larry could show up in. It may depend on how close we are within his 1000 mile radius? hmm......

And JDaniels can bring the GTO if he hasn't sold it yet. And we don't care what his tow coach is..... hint hint!

I'm sure if we can help Jon E get his power plant back in order, he'll be able to pack her full of beverages! Of course I'll pitch in there too.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #32
1993Newell

It's sounding good so far.

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #33
Nara Queen

If we have a coach by then you can plan on we'll be there!!!!

Nara
Nara Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #34
Doppler

Once things are official on a time and place we can let you know if we can attend. Would sure like too.
Doppler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:08 AM   #35
Yachts

Someone decide on the location.. Anyone ever considered a snow ski winter rendezvous?
Old 06-26-2013, 03:22 AM   #36
ccjohnson

I hate to take the coach anywhere below 32F. Even keep the garage heated!
XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
Old 06-26-2013, 03:43 AM   #37
Neweller

I don't know if Marc is actually talking about parking the coaches in the cold or having close access driving up to a ski resort or something. I'm sure something along those lines may be a little more appealing to the snowbirds. lol. Places like Timberline Lodge up on Mt. Hood have year around skiing for the snow bunny folks. I used to ski once upon a time in June/July up there but that was a long time ago. Don't know if there are other places around North America like that or not. But you could stay within a certain proximity and some folks could play in the snow while others play on their SxS's or even snow mobiles. I guess it some more for the roundtable. I've always missed out on these rally's do to having to make a living and the timing being off. But I'm finally pulling things together and will hopefully have another coach here soon. If I'm not so picky I will be there much sooner.

Maybe some of us young guns will make something happen for a change. I'm glad I'm not so outnumbered any longer.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #38
larryweikart

We hope this plan comes together and at a time we can attend. I have slowly reduced the number of choices I have for a toad but you never know how that could change. Just looked at a very nice 66 Bird Rag-top, one never knows. You youngsters can ski all you want but I'll be picking someones brain about the Newell while you kids are on the slopes. Keep this idea alive Ken and get off your butt and find "that" Newell you've been searching for. (it might be a good idea to keep a rally in the center of the country rather then on one of the coasts, which makes travel time somewhat easier for all who wish to attend.)
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #39
ccjohnson

Larry, any interest in a I think 1969 SS with a 427 for about 15K?
XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
Old 06-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #40
JustDustin

Larry you've got a point on it being in the middle. Got any suggestions on where that would be?

JustDustin is offline   Reply With Quote