AquaHot Exhaust - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
RussWhite

Default AquaHot Exhaust

I am constantly reminded, all Newells are different. But on mine, and I assume many others, the exhaust for both the generator and the AquaHot is via a pipe through the roof. I never realized what a great feature that was until yesterday......

I fulltime and park in the same spot on a lake in Tennessee in the summers. Been doing it for some time and so I know the others around me. A friend about my age had her husband pass away last summer so I try to look after her Foretravel when she is not here - which is most of the time. I keep a key and it is parked just across the street from me.

We are allowed to have campfires ( a very nice feature of this park ) and we do at the drop of a match. But, campfires early in the day are rare. I enjoy the aroma but was surprised to smell one in the morning. Upon investigation it was not a campfire, but her motorhome just about ready to catch on fire! She had parked very close to the timbers that surround the sites and had left the AquaHot on diesel and you guessed it by now, the exhaust had ignited the timbers and by the time I got the water hose going the flames were licking the sides of the Foretravel. Roof exhaust is nice! Russ '99 Newell double slide

RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:06 AM   #2
MarkofSJC

Russ,

Thanks for opening my eyes! I'd always thought it was for the race car crowd ~ so you weren't blowing fumes into your next door neighbor's site.

It never occured to me that these exhausts were hot enough to start a fire (but here in CA, almost anything can and will, I guess).

Mark
MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote