Air compressor stopped - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2008, 12:09 AM   #1
zcasa

Default Air compressor stopped

Well, after 1,050 miles from Denver to Glacier, we arrived well and happy. However, our toilet would not add water, which was the first thing. Secondly, the air compressor has now quit and we have no air to the toilet either. Also, the water tank is showing full but the gauge all of a sudden shows empty. In addition, the water pumps can no longer pressurize the water system. We are stuck without the basic necessities. Our air pressure, while hooked up at the RV park has gone down to virtually zero.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

David

zcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:25 AM   #2
encantotom

hi,

i am on the road myself in my coach, tonite spending the nite at mount saint helens in washington. , but have some experience with the air system. i will give you a call in the morning. i will private message you with my cell number as well.

can you please tell me what the year of your coach is?

do you have air pressure when the coach is running? does the 110v compressor come on at all? a bit more info would help. as for the tank indicators, i wouldnt worry about them. mine are not real accurate and i have spent some money on them with no progress yet. nice but not very necessary. but ya gotta get some air pressure.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:08 PM   #3
Wally Arntzen

Hi David,

Tom is on the right track. I have replaced my 110 air compressor twice and you will have all of the problems your having except the guage issue if it is not working.
I got the compressor at grainger and now carry two xtra ones with me. They are pricey at about 500.00 a pop.
Good luck and have a safe trip.

Wally
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:54 PM   #4
zcasa

Thanks Tom and Wally.

Michael phoned last evening and we figured out the problem. In my case the generator release mechanism has broken away from the wall and lodged onto the fan belt of the air compressor and one of the 1/4 inch hoses and 90 degree attachments ended up with a hole in it and releases all of the air. Problem will be to change 90 degree fitting and reattach the generator release mechanism to wall.

BTW, Chris with Newell phoned as well. The wonderful thing about all of you is that I had help within 30 minutes from experts that helped keep my frustration to a minimum and allow me to be confident of the solution and to be able to do it myself. Thank all of you for your assistance.

Plumbing problem on the toilet solved itself as well, when I was able to keep air pressure to the commode with the small auxiliary compressor. The repetitive systems, even if meant for dry camping or whatever, are just perfect.

I'll be in Anacortes, hope to meet as many of us as possible.

I'll post my fix, hopefully, this evening.

David
Old 07-24-2008, 01:20 AM   #5
zcasa

Guys,

Thank you for calling and emailing. Because of your input, I was able to fix my problem for $17 in parts, which included a $10 hacksaw. Coach is holding air now, commode is working perfectly, and we are moving on to Canada on Saturday. I can't thank Michael Day and Tom(Encantotom) enough for their phone calls and assistance. Newell Coach support staff was wonderful too. Chris and Mike Ellis helped me through the mechanics and parts as well.

Well, on to the next adventure. We will need your help many times, I'm sure. But Coach 303 is purring like a kitten now and will outlive all of us, I'm sure.

Safe travels.

David
Old 07-24-2008, 02:43 AM   #6
chockwald

When I first read David's post about his air pressure issue I was thinking "Wow.....stuck at Glacier so far from anyone who could help". Was I ever wrong. I am so impressed with the immediate response to David's "call" for help. Makes me feel a little more secure when we head out in the future knowing what a wonderful support system of Newell owners and Newell support staff we have available at our finger tips should something go wrong.

2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote