Update On Progress On 2002 Newell Coach - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Go Back   Luxury Coach Lifestyles > Technical Exchange > General Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Log in Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2011, 01:40 AM   #1
encantotom

Default Update On Progress On 2002 Newell Coach

i thought i would give a brief update of what i have done on my project.

1. rebuilt the 110v compressor manifold. found a bad check valve and replaced one of the solenoid valves and the pressure switch. and the air dryer. painted it.
2. took out the 12v compressor since it was blowing fuses. took out the aquahot tank. polished them both, cleaned bay. installed the new compressor. works good.
3. rebuilt all three dupree poo valves. 2 were air operated and i rebuilt the cylinders. ended up buying a color inspection camera/monitor to find the loose pieces of the seal in the valve on the passenger side. all of the valves were not working. seals were bad.
4. had roger burke rebuild the aquahot webasto. it was sick. lots of new parts and roger has been great as he answered my many questions. fired it up late this afternoon and man did i have smoke. after about an hour it cleaned up. since i was leaking diesel fuel through the exhaust before, it smoked like crazy under the coach until it burned off too. now i got heat and hot water? the prices on the parts for the burner are out of this world high, but roger is as cheap as anyone. i replaced the radiator cap on the aquahot and topped off the coolant.
5. i replaced the clear sight tube on the poo tank by the aquahot.
6. replaced and replumbed the headhunter mach5 water pump. put some water in the tank tonite and tested it out. works great.
7. got all new bay and engine door struts. replaced the bay doors ones so far. thanks to steve bare.
8. fixed the fiberglass on the passenger side engine door so door stays latched better. realignned the door so it closes straight.
9. repgrogrammed the bode door keless entry lock now i remember the code....
10. replaced and cleaned both banks of batteries. put power pulse on both banks. replaced engine battery cables. there was corrosion back about 6 inches on them.
11. replaced merge switch and cleaned electrical panels in engine compartment.
12. fixed sheared off bolt on latch for generator slide.
13. got parts to replace thermostat for genny.
14. fixed several air leaks in engine compartment and such.
15. asked a thousand questions from a number of you.
16. started playing arond with how to build a bed frame. started experimenting with led lights inside coach.
17. got all new tail, stop and reverse lights. tail, stop and turn will be led. reverse i replaced the housing
18. ordered new silverleaf module. will install it this weekend.
19. ordered a ton of parts, made a thousand trips to home depot, ace hardware, the parker store, grainger, etc.

i am taking it to a bus shop on tuesday to have it mechanically gone over. will have some servicing done as well.

still have a lot to figure out but am making alot of progress.

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote