Go Green while traveling in your Newell Coach? Maybe a ZERO Motorcycle is in order? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2012, 04:44 AM   #1
Neweller

Thumbs up Go Green while traveling in your Newell Coach? Maybe a ZERO Motorcycle is in order?

If you are ever considering an electric motorcycle, here is a brand I have ridden and it was pretty impressive. It's called a Zero Motorcycle and the New 2013's have received quite a few upgrades and changes. When I rode a 2011 model, I became a believer in what a electric motorcycle can be, these new babies are pretty impressive and with 95% recharge rate in like an hour. That is pretty incredible.

I don't all the current green incentives going on right now as I was up on them last year. A friend had bought one of their previous street models using a Colorado and Federal rebate/tax incentives which cut ownership in about half. He is now looking as the new model like any other big boy who likes his toys.

So, go green buy one for you and the wife! Let me know how it works out.

Here is the factory website link, you can select the different models.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
express1

Me Likey! Any sound effects?

if you think my spellin is bad, you should sea my handwritten. #437 w/flex toad (STAY AWAY FROM LARRY BELL aka larrynjeri) he is a lier and a lock picker.
express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
Texas Pete

One of those would be meaner than the dickens. I like em too! How long do they run on a charge? It would even be better with those rebates you mentioned. Texas has been pushing some incentives on the green stuff.

In everything I have done. I discovered, the only person who limits you is yourself.
Texas Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
Neweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Pete View Post
One of those would be meaner than the dickens. I like em too! How long do they run on a charge? It would even be better with those rebates you mentioned. Texas has been pushing some incentives on the green stuff.

On the 2012 Zero motorcycles, the range is about 114 miles at a estimated cost of .01 or a penny per mile. The estimated battery life is 308,000 miles. Now that's incredible!

The 2013 Zero is supposed to have been improved even further. Another incredible aspect of these units is how light weight they are for having batteries.

Matt, they are actually pretty quite, you can hear them cruising by but not like a gasser. Some guys will not give up on the gas bikes, just because they want some noise.

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 10-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #5
Randy J

That's a smokin cool ride!

[video=youtube_share;UUO3L26vueI]http://youtu.be/UUO3L26vueI[/video]

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #6
Neweller

Here is the latest "PROMO" on Zero Motorcycles. They are giving an automatic $2500.00 trade-in for any gas bike brought in on new 2012 model. They are stating the 10% federal tax credit is back. So, there can be some savings for anyone interested. Up until 2011 you could walk the door in states like Colorado in one of these bikes for less than half the price when there was a federal and state credit. A friend whom is solar installer over there, bought two through that deal and really likes them.

Here's the Link: ZERO MOTORCYCLES || CASH FOR CARBON

-Bob Marley