Grand Canyon Railway RV Park Report - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2010, 12:10 AM   #1
prestadude

Default Grand Canyon Railway RV Park Report

This week while traveling on I-40 in Arizona, I stayed overnight at the Grand Canyon Railway RV Park located in Williams. The park is about 2 years old and is part of a large operation that consists of a hotel, a few restaurants and a train that transports passengers to and from the Grand Canyon. The RV park itself is nice. A little tight for the 45' Newell, and I did not have a toad. The office has a well equipped store that also has a kennel to house your animals while you go on day trips.

What I liked the most was the town. Just a two block walk takes you to downtown Williams which is on the old Highway 66. The whole area was hopping with activity (pretty good for a Friday night in mid-October). Lots for fun stores and restaurants (check out the Turquoise Tepee). I plan on coming back for a more extended stay.

And for the country western crowd, the Winchester Restaurant is right across from the park. They are open on weekends and have country music shows. I peeked inside and the owner (in appropriate country attire) gave me the grand tour. He said his operation is done Branson style (never having been to Branson I will take his word for it). Dinner is served before the show and then everyone walks upstairs to the showroom. The interior is very nice, lots of varnished wood, open space.

prestadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
chockwald

On our trip to Santa Fe we got off I-40 for the first time in Williams and took the I-40 Business Loop through town. There was a small rest area just before downtown where we stopped to make lunch. As we drove on after lunch I was very impressed with the "old town" area, and was thinking we would come back some day and spend a few days, including taking the train up to the Grand Canyon.
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote