Looking for Newell Coach emblem and steering wheel horn button - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #21
rellick

Bob and Peni, how did the emblems turn out? any pics?

22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:38 AM   #22
Erika

Yes an update with pictures would be awesome.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:23 AM   #23
sopicki

Newellers, I have been planning on using EmblemArt that Ed and Melba suggested, I'm guessing I'll get to that project when the weather becomes less hospitable. Since purchasing Carole Ann I've had many higher priorities for her refit. The water pump compartment was completely rotted out (the floor was only attached on one side), water pump did not work, plumbing hoses were cracking apart, incorrect fittings, city water fitting was laying on the floor inside.... Once I got water working I discovered leaking drains in the kitchen and bath and the ball seal in the toilet needs replaced. That revealed that both the grey water and black water valves were in need of replacement. The Ford 391 was replaced in 1981 with a new Detroit 8.2L Turbo Diesel however they left the electric choke wire in place which had dead shorted against the frame, fried my alternator and ignition switch on the drive home and melted itself and many of the wires surrounding it. I spent a week cutting, soldering and shrink tubing all of the damaged wires. The engine compartment was lined with asbestos canvas. I (carefully!!) removed and replaced the asbestos with metallic/glass insulation from LMC truck. I've secured numerous propane leaks, one on the tank gauge itself (thankfully just a loose screw). Next week I need to reframe the refrigerator cabinet work so I can install the Norcold refrigerator. We'll be replacing the front carpet as soon as I'm done adjusting the valve lash. After that the Generac generator (which runs but produces no voltage) will be replaced with an Onan 6.5. This winter we will be reupholstering with turquoise sunfast marine canvas. Of course I need to replace the felt channel in the sliding windows which I posted on the exterior forum. If someone would like to share the setup cost of the Emblems I would consider moving that up the list of priorities. Otherwise I will be sure to post to the forum this winter how the emblems turned out.
sopicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:09 AM   #24
rellick

Bob sounds like you also still have alot of work to do, if they have been neglected it sure takes alot of hours to get them back in good working order. Alot of it is easier just to tear it all out an start fresh with new parts and upgrades. The sky is the limit to what you can do with them!! In my opinion it sure is worth it!!
I sent you a pm about the emblems,
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #25
Neweller

Some of these babies can turn into serious projects, but then again that is what it is all about for many. I think about a past neighbor of mine back in '91 who was nearing retirement and he had about '47k invested in a ex-school bus. The interior was gorgeous and even had a really cool wood stove. It was still yellow last I had seen him and he was about 2 yrs away from retirement. His whole deal was to have something easy to repair with the amenities important to him and his wife. This was a 7 yr project in the making but made him the happiest camper ever knowing it was his own and not like his other cracker box TT's or coaches owned during his previous traveling days. Luxury coaches like Newell's, Wanderlodges and bus conversions can surely feel a like void or I should say they can depending on whether or not you choose that path, hobby etc..... Otherwise you can always pick up on someones else completed masterpiece.

Bob, thanks for keeping us up to date on your lovely little Carole Ann! I hope you are documenting all your works. I guess this forum is good as good a diary as any. Take pictures!
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #26
NEWELLWIZARD

I agree with the others. Thanks for the update on your coach. Please come share more with us on all the updates and so forth. We are always glad to hear and see how others are doing with their projects.
NEWELLWIZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:57 AM   #27
khpaladin

Prescott Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopicki View Post
Oh, Ed and Melba, I love the link you provided. Their emblems actually look affordable too, however if I were going to spend that kind of money I would want an original to copy. Perhaps someone could take a close up picture of a Newell Coach emblem from the 70's and send it to me with dimensions? There is a set up fee for the first emblem, are there any other's out there in need of a Newell emblem?
Bob,

I probably got the last script "Newell Coach" emblem from a factory tech and I sent him Bendix cruise control parts. We are currently in Denver, CO, I will remove it from our coach, clean it up, and take pictures and measurements. How would you like that info sent to you, let us know.
https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/forum/members/khpaladin-albums-1981-newell-40-6v92-ta.html
khpaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:38 PM   #28
sopicki

Wyn and KI,

Thank you for your kind offer. How cool to have gotten a new old stock emblem! I still search for someone parting out their coach, but I've never actually seen one.

We tow a Honda Accord, a 1981 called the roadrunner since it's horn sounds just like the cartoon character.

A member sent me some very nice pictures with measurements last year, sadly I haven't gotten the emblems custom made yet. Right now if it doesn't make it go, stop or cruise I don't have the time or money to spend on it......especially since my soon to be 15 year old needed a professional saxophone for high school marching band. That just ate up my Newell budget for the next few months.

Thank you for the offer, it's nice that other Newell owners are willing to help!
Old 10-23-2014, 06:05 PM   #29
sopicki

Just an update to this thread. I found these laser cut aluminum emblems on e-bay a couple of months ago.

They polished up real nice. We put one on the front, one on the back and one in the doorway.

Sorry for the poor quality of the photos.....lousy cell phone camera.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Bob

Old 11-03-2014, 05:28 PM   #30
86loco

Glad to here you found something. I don't see any photos showing up here and would love to see what you got.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:14 PM   #31
sopicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86loco View Post
Glad to here you found something. I don't see any photos showing up here and would love to see what you got.
Darn the bad luck, the pics didn't make it.

Lemme try again.
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2019, 12:00 AM   #32
AshGraham

I have a 1972 Newell coach. 3208 caterpillar with Allison transmission. Outside not in bad shape, have the emblem and horn u were looking for. But more interested in selling the unit.
AshGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:05 AM   #33
AshGraham

You still looking for parts for your 72 newell

AshGraham is offline   Reply With Quote