Basement Air, Coleman-Mach Failure - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2016, 09:12 PM   #1
rickj

Fort Myers
Default Basement Air, Coleman-Mach Failure

If anyone can help with a solution. We have a 1999 Newell with Coleman-Mach basements airs that Newell installed new in 2011. They failed a year 1 1/2 ago; we replaced both compressors on each unit. One unit is now in its third failure and the other appears headed to its second failure. Can't keep replacing compressors only to have them fail in 9 months. Airxcel does not make a replacement for the old two ton Mdl 6536D881; the new 2-ton, Mdl 46515-811 is not configured so it will fit. Seems to me the compressors should last a long,long time. Has anyone found a solution? As there are a lot on Newells with Coleman-Mach airs in them so I assume someone has had to deal with this issue. Thanks

rickj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 11:08 AM   #2
rheavn

Rick,
My coach has roof airs so I'm no help. If you don't get an answer here you might post your question at www.newellgurus.com

Old 07-09-2016, 03:08 PM   #3
rickj

Fort Myers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheavn View Post
Rick,
My coach has roof airs so I'm no help. If you don't get an answer here you might post your question at www.newellgurus.com
thanks Steve. I have posted on gurus as well. I think basement airs have seen their day. problem with retrofit roof airs is the noise since too expensive to work in a duct system.
rickj is offline   Reply With Quote