Motohome Sales Recovering - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2010, 02:20 AM   #1
fulltiming

Default Motohome Sales Recovering

Newell has survived the recent economic storms and the new and used Newell motorhome markets are definitely looking up.

The 2008-2009 recession took its toll on the RV industry. RV manufacturers with large debt or large inventories went through reorganizations or worse.

Newell reacted quickly by reducing production from over 40 coaches per year to 24, then removed eight of those from the production schedule through the middle of 2009. Newell resumed setups of new coaches in June and the reaction to the updated 2011 models has been tremendous. Orders have been steady and Newell is currently taking orders for delivery in mid-October, 2010. Additionally, sales of late-model used Newells have been very strong in recent months. Buyers in the market for new high-end fiberglass motorhomes such as the Monaco Signature and Country Coach Magna and Infinity are now looking at used Newells in the same general price range.

The large inventory of new bus conversions, some as old as the 2007 model year, has very negatively impacted the value of used bus conversion motorhomes. Newell continues to pursue a conservative business plan, not expanding production above what they feel the market will comfortably absorb.

If you are interesting in purchasing a Newell, they have new coaches available for sale for delivery as early as next fall. For those not wishing to wait, a limited number of show coaches will be available through the year.

If you are interested in a new or late model used Newell, please contact Dave, Brain, Jim or Pat in Newell Sales.

(Information courtesy of Newell Coach Corporation)

1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:56 PM   #2
Richard and Rhonda

Thanks Michael.

As the situation with RV sales and other big ticket items plays out, it is now clear that the number one driver behind the slump was credit. Yes, the unemployment rate is higher than normal, yes consumer confidence is lower than normal, yes everyone's nest egg took a hit, but people are still interested in playing. The problem is that no one will loan them the money, unless they already have the money.

I am not condoning a lot of the practices that led our financial institutions into the self induced mess, but I hope the lending pendulum moves a little more back to center soon.

It was clear that the RV manufacturers who survived were the ones with the least debt load. Kudos to Newell for sticking to a business model that worked for them. It would have easy for Newell, over the years, to "grow" the business by moving into mid range and possibly even lower range RV's. The fact that they chose to stick with what they do well kept them solid during the recession. I applaud Karl's leadership for not falling to the temptation to expand out of their niche.

CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
tuga

I for one am glad to hear that the market for Newells is picking up. Newell Coach is fortunate to have two things going for it: talented craftsmen and brilliant management. When you consider all of the manufacturers that have declared bankruptcy recently, it is comforting to know that our team is financially conservative and strong.

We all make "investments" in these coaches and when your coach builder fails - your investment tumbles in value. As we all know, these coaches all depreciate in value. But when bankruptcy occurs, values really plummet. Who wants to buy a coach from a company that is no longer in business!

You can'f fool the market place. When people vote with their wallets, their votes define the best deal - and that best value for the dollar is Newell.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:45 PM   #4
express1

Default Newell

\

BEST INVESTMENT I MADE IN THE PAST YEAR!!!

NEWELL...
if you think my spellin is bad, you should sea my handwritten. #437 w/flex toad (STAY AWAY FROM LARRY BELL aka larrynjeri) he is a lier and a lock picker.
express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:12 PM   #5
chockwald

If all I had to judge this investment by were the resulting friendships it would be my best investment ever. On top of the friendships I have one of the best motor coaches made!
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:55 AM   #6
jdaniel

I've had my 1991 for 6 years and love it. I'm always surprised at the great service and tech support even on an older coach. I sold a 4 year old Beaver with 36k miles on it to "upgrade" to my 91 model with 133k miles. It pulls my racecar trailer like its not even back there. IF I ever chose to sell, I would definately buy another Newell!
jdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:12 PM   #7
batpilot7300

your all so right and lucky to have been with Newell, when Bluebird went under my coach lost about 100k in a few months. I paid 250K for it, put about 50K in upgrades over the past 3 years will be lucky to get 125K for it now.
Lee Brown
98DS45L
Granbury TX

batpilot7300 is offline   Reply With Quote