Panel Reads Inverter Over Load - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
Newell Boss

Default Panel Reads Inverter Over Load

When I turn on the inverter, I hear vibration type noise, and panel reads inverter over load, and it shuts off. When I crank the generator all electric stuff works fine, and no excessive current draws. When I turn on the inverter, the breaker in the electric outlet in the lavatory blows. When it blows I loose electricity on all out lets on the right side of the motor home. Using generator it doesn't blow Batteries are charged up.

Newell Boss

Newell Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
The Newell

I suspect that the inverter is incorrectly wired or wired in such a way as to cause a ground fault when turned on. Is this something new (like a new inverter) or has it always been okay until now??

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #3
GringoPhil

probably means a short to ground or reversed neutral and ground in the inverter's 120v generation function. Other functions appear to be still working ok ? So your inverter needs repair or replacement. What brand and model of inverter is it? I know there are a few troubleshooting manuals uploaded in the manuals section of this forum.

Phil
Old 01-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #4
Newell Boss

The inverter is one year old. It was installed by the dealer right before I bought this newell. Has worked fine up till now and it was manufactured by Xantrex.

Newell Boss
Old 01-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #5
Newell Boss

Well I called the mnfg Xantrex & they had me turn off all the breakers and then turn on the inverter. It still went into over load, so they say the inverter is bad, and not under warranty. $500 to fix it. I can either take it to an authorized dealer or mail it in.