Remote Inverter Switch- How To? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2006, 05:19 PM   #1
Markco

Default Remote Inverter Switch- How To?

I want to place my 2000W inverter in the basement of my 1984 Newell close to the batteries. What is the best to set up a remote switch from the interior of the coach since this is 12 volt feed. I was playing around with using a spare starter relay that I had since the switch portion can be low amperage. Can this relay handle a constant on condition for a few hours or is there a better way? Any advice would be appreciated.

Mark

Old 12-19-2006, 05:29 AM   #2
ttikalsky

You need to use a constant duty selenoid or it will burn out from the extended use. My coach has and inverter that is activated from a toggle switch above the night stand. When the inverter is on it powers all the TV's. My coach also has a second selenoid that I believe is activated when the motor is running and the alternator is putting out 12volts. This selenoid operates a second inverter that is used to power the ice maker and 12volt basement fridge freezer. NAPA carries the constant duty selenoids.

Troy Tikalsky
1986 Newell
ttikalsky is offline   Reply With Quote