Why would Hunter-Douglas not give the same warranty for a RV as for a home?? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
JetHot

Default Why would Hunter-Douglas not give the same warranty for a RV as for a home??

I am considering the purchase of a Newell and there are a couple of electric blinds in the unit that had been damaged by a dear little pooch and one that's not functioning at all. The dealer said noway would he be willing to replace them since this coach is consigned by a probate court. I called Hunter-Douglas to ask about where to find a replacement and I told her the lady that one was not operating at all. I asked about warrantees, she replied back that they have a limited lifetime warranty in a home to the original purchaser. I asked what about an RV, she replied back that RV's are not covered. She couldn't tell me why. I was wondering if anyone knew why it would matter? A home is a home correct?

Old 01-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #2
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

Isn't a mute point since she said original owner?

2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
JetHot

Hello Chester, my main question of concern is if I purchase any new Hunter Douglas blinds why shouldn't I as the new original owner not get a lifetime warranty regardless of whether or not I have them in a brick and mortor home or my luxury home one wheels?
Old 01-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
lbrachfe

Take them down yourself and bring them to any Hunter Douglas authorized service center and they will recondition at no charge. They don't ask you if you are the original purchaser or if they came out of a spaceship. Hunter Douglas has always had a lifetime warranty of all parts and we have had both our home blinds and coach blinds repaired or cleaned by Hunter Douglas and it takes about 2 weeks. These centers are everywhere in the USA.
lbrachfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #5
Chad

The Hunter Douglas[SUP]®[/SUP] Lifetime Guarantee is an expression of our desire to provide a thoroughly satisfying experience when selecting, purchasing and living with your window fashion products. If you are not thoroughly satisfied, simply contact Hunter Douglas Inc. at 1-800-789-0331 or contact us by email. In support of this policy of consumer satisfaction, we offer our Lifetime Limited Warranty as described below.
[h=3]Covered
By a Lifetime Limited Warranty[/h]
  • Hunter Douglas window fashion products are covered for defects in materials, workmanship or failure to operate for as long as the original retail purchaser owns the product (unless shorter periods are provided below)
  • All internal mechanisms.
  • Components and brackets.
  • Fabric delamination.
  • Operational cords for a full 7 years from the date of purchase.
  • Repairs and/or replacements will be made with like or similar parts or products.
  • Hunter Douglas motorization components are covered for 5 years from the date of purchase.

[h=3]Not Covered
By a Lifetime Limited Warranty[/h]
  • Any conditions caused by normal wear and tear.
  • Abuse, accidents, misuse or alterations to the product.
  • Exposure to the elements (sun damage, wind, water/ moisture) and discoloration or fading over time.
  • Failure to follow our instructions with respect to measurement, proper installation, cleaning or maintenance.
  • Shipping charges, cost of removal and reinstallation.

[h=3]Hunter Douglas (or its licensed fabricator/distributor) will repair or replace the
window fashion product or components found to be defective.[/h]
[h=3]To obtain warranty service[/h]
  1. Contact your original dealer (place of purchase) for warranty assistance.
  2. Visit our Warranty-related Frequently Asked Questions for additional warranty information, frequently asked questions and access to service locations.
  3. Contact Hunter Douglas Inc. at 1-800-789-0331 (9:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST) for technical support, certain parts free of charge, for assistance in obtaining warranty service or for further explanation of our warranty.
NOTE: In no event shall Hunter Douglas or its licensed fabricators/distributors be liable or responsible for incidental or consequential damages or for any other indirect damage, loss, cost or expense. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion or limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.

Different warranty periods and terms apply for commercial products and applications.

© 2011 Hunter Douglas Inc. [SUP]®[/SUP] Registered trademark of Hunter Douglas Inc. ™ Trademark of Hunter Douglas Inc.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
Gone Busing

Great information. My first thoughts initially would have been to change one of the good blind parts onto the damaged one if the same size. But, it sounds like Hunter Douglas will take care of things for you according to Larry. We always wondered about owning these electric shades and now I would not be worried.

Comparing Luxury Motor Coaches
Gone Busing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #7
Oreo

I've looked into HD blinds and I know they are up there in price. It's good to know they stand behind their warranty service.

Oreo is offline   Reply With Quote