Generator cooling system 81 12.5kw D kohler - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Go Back   Luxury Coach Lifestyles > Technical Exchange > Charging Systems, Electrical & Solar
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Log in Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2008, 06:52 PM   #1
gstarkie@utah.gov

Default Generator cooling system 81 12.5kw D kohler

OK, I think I'm figuring this site out.
back to my generator cooling system, there is no radiator in the front generator compartment. there are two large hoses,supply and return from the generator compartment to the engine radiator. the hoses are connected to two 1" pipes under the coach they are open to the atmosphere probably to assist in cooling. When the generator is running a 110v pump in the engine compartment runs to assist the water pump on the generator facilitating circulation, also a 110v blower similar to a standard squirrell cage runs blowing air through the main radiator presumably to keep it cooling at maximum this fan and the circulation pump also run when the engine is running. I think that I've figured out the system and replacing the hoses is doable but I'm sure it won't be fun.
The PVC lines embedded in the foam insulation are deffinately for the coach heaters front and rear. Has any-one run into this type of generator coolin system before? 'm convinced that it is factory. thanks Graham
gstarkie@utah.gov is offline   Reply With Quote