Someday! - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2008, 11:13 AM   #1
grusco

Default Someday!

I started RVing back in the mid-90's when I bought a 33' Sea Breeze for weekends and vacations. In 2000 I sold house and everything in it and took delivery of a new 2001 double slide Intrigue from Country Coach. That was the beginning of 3 years full time and the beginning of 18 months of never ending problems. The biggest problem was the first 6 months of fuel injector leaks covering the back of the coach and the highway with fuel. I spent numerous nights in Cummins shops or behind their chain link fences in Industrial parts of town from CA to Oklahoma. 2 nights in one shop, back on the road to find it not fixed, stop at the next shop for another day or three, repeat, repeat, repeat. In 2003 I sold that coach, bought a house and my new wife and I are planning on going full or almost full time in 6 or 7 years. I use the RV Consumer Group rating info and am narrowing my coach interests to (obviously) Newell or Foretravel. Prevosts are just too much like bus construction and I don't see me ever putting a 'million miles' on a chassis. That seems to be the bragging point of Prevost owners. When I buy it'll probably be a coach that's 10 years old. I prefer slide. Okay current owners: I'm here for help and to share my own past coach experiences if anyone is interested in what other brands are like. I look forward to meeting some of you at events such as the upcoming FMCA in St. Paul (about 20 minutes from my home).