Air Vents Beside Passenger And Drivers Seat - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
JODY

Default Air Vents Beside Passenger And Drivers Seat

Im Trying To Find Out Why The Air Vent Beside Each Seat Does Not Shut Off. I Can Control The Temp. But Not The Speed.they Blow At A Constant Speed All The Time.all The Other Vents Work Fine.

JODY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
encantotom

jody it would help if we knew year and specifics of your coach. otherwise we are just guessing on what system you have.

thanks

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #3
JODY

Its A 1995 Newell.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
rheavn

Jody,
If you tell us how you control the temperature it will assist in determining what system is hooked to the vents.

With the limited info I'll take a guess. I'm guessing that you have an AquaHot system. If not, read no further. If so the blower for those vents is in the basement. It has four blower hoses. Two go to the salon on the right side & usually exit under a desk, credenza or sofa. The other two exit by the driver & passenger feet. My coach has a high/low speed switch on the window treatment on the right side of salon that allows running the fan on high or low. Shutting off the AquaHot at the thermostat shuts off the temperature demand fan motor.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
JODY

Yes It Has An Aquahot System
Old 01-15-2012, 01:43 AM   #6
Richard and Rhonda

Hi Jody,

I also have a 95, and your post is ironically timely. I spent the afternoon taking the front console out so I could work on the dash HVAC system. I had two problems, the motor would occasionally change speeds when I hit a bump, and air blew out of all the vents somewhat independently of the selector switch. I suspect the motor speed was a ground issue since the motor ground used was the aluminum skin on the front wall. I ran a good ground to the motor so that will help. The air flow is another issue. The vacuum actuators are working correctly, but the vents do not seal when moved. I will replace the foam, and do some adjusting.

When you say the air flows constantly, is the AquaHot on? Steve is right, when the AH is blowing I get some air coming into the dash HVAC system.

Does it blow when the coach is stationary or when the coach is moving? If AH off, and only when the coach is moving, then I would guess the fresh air intake is allowing air into the dash HVAC system.

Is the coach new to you? Has it always done this, or is this a new behavior?

CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote