Any place near Cleveland ?? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
lbrachfe

Default Any place near Cleveland ??

We are going to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and looking for a good park any exxperiences ??

lbrachfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
Stylin Monster

We had stayed in the Country Acres Campground in Ravenna, OH in September about three years ago and its listed on my personal OK to stay list. It has nice size pull thrus. My notes say September pricing is half of what it is in August.

The Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is a serious gas. It's Cool. There are some other great attractions in the area.

Country Acres Campground
9850 Minyoung Road
Ravenna, Ohio 44266
1-330-358-2774
1-866-318-4321

Big rigs a rollin' Hot Damn!
Stylin Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
Neweller

Larry, you must have been reading my mind or else I was reading yours. lol. Yesterday I was talking with some family about how we really enjoyed the open house a few years back at the Fender museum in Corona, CA and the Idea of checking out the Hall of Fame in Ohio would be the cats meow. So, that would be a sweet................deal!

Ken
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #4
lbrachfe

Ken and Stylin, Think we are ending up at the KOA as it seems to be the closest and easiest. Have wanted to visit for years and hope it lives up to the expectations. Will let you know..
Old 08-20-2012, 01:51 AM   #5
Texas Pete

Larry if your brave you might this http://www.ltaaviation.com/balloonrides.htm . The wife kept bugging me to redo our wedding vowels before our 25th and so I told lets do it in a Hot air baloon. The rest is history.

In everything I have done. I discovered, the only person who limits you is yourself.
Texas Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:23 AM   #6
Neweller

Pete, I have to laugh at that one. My wife's friend 30 years ago got married up in Washington in a hot air balloon. My oldest son use to say he was going to get married skydiving and now days he's pretty much afraid of heights, so I don't think that ones an option.

I too, would second Larry killing two birds with one stone while visiting the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame and go on another wild trip in a Hot Air Balloon. C'mon Larry! And just because you like to stay low in your speed demon little mini is no excuse to get out of it.

Ken
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #7
lbrachfe

My wife has been asking for a balloon ride since New Mexico a few years back when we saw the the big show there. Maybe i will indulge her provided I'm strapped in and she promises not to push me over......Thanks all...We are departing in 10 minutes.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #8
Randy J

I'm with you Larry! I would need to be strapped in real tight! I would be wearing my sunglasses. That way I could close my eyes and pretend. I'm enjoying the view. Safe travels! Can't wait to hear about the Rock and Roll hall of fame.

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:47 AM   #9
lbrachfe

We arrived at the Streetsboro KOA tonight and would not suggest anyone stay here. Tight loose gravel roads,very unlevel sites,too many trees for sat reception and $43-49 a night. Glad it's just for 2 nights and will let you all know about the Hall of Fame
Old 08-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #10
jrarriola

Larry -

We're planning a visit to the R & R Hall of Fame at the end of Sept. but we're not planning to overnight in Cleveland. I'm interested in knowing if there is parking anywhere on the facility grounds for the coach while we're doing our tour? I've sent an info request to the office there but so far I've not received a response...anyway I'd much rather hear it from you! We're going on down to Canton to the NFL H/F also! I'm ready to go!!

Jim
2000 Double Slide
jrarriola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #11
lbrachfe

Hey Jim,
Yes you can request permission from the cleveland Port Authority to park for the day in their lot which is a short walk, but it must be made no later than two weeks prior to arrival. They don't give you much more info than that and when we drove there the streets are in real bad shape and alot of confusing construction around rte 71 and 77 and 480 so beware of this as it's easy to miss a turn. On a good note the R&R Hall was great and it took us the whole day to go through it and we don't stroll slowly. It takes a full 7 hours to see it all and the science museum is next door and another full day gem. We enjoyed the day alot. It's $22 a person and gives you full access. Enjoy. Call the Port Authority to get permission NOT the R&R Hall as they have NO parking anywhere. There is 2 hour car street parking that is enforced and a $25 ticket. Not many spaces on the street either. Badly planned area for visitors and there are many visitors. We found everything packed and were there on a Tuesday after school started..
Old 08-22-2012, 01:39 AM   #12
jrarriola

Larry -
Thanks for all of the info! I'll check with the P.A. and see what they charge. I just might park at a Flying J & take a cab! I was hoping the crowds would have thinned out after school began!

Jim

"Thank God & Newell I'm Gone"!! Life is Good!
jrarriola is offline   Reply With Quote