2001 Newell Coach #598 3 Slide For Sale - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
charles keil

Default 2001 Newell Coach #598 3 Slide For Sale

We are selling our 2001 Newell Coach #598. It is a well maintained 3 slide with neutral colors. We purchased the coach from Newell in 2008. The salon table was removed and a desk upgrade was installed by Newell. Other updates include new drapes & bedding, 2 stacked custom cat (or small dog) condos in the closet. We've added 365 front tires, new front 42" monitor and tuner, new Direct TV receivers, rebuilt aqua-hot, and MCD sunscreens. Regular maintenance and repairs were made as needed. The mileage is 108,000. Price $290,000. Photos available upon request. Delivery negotiable.

Charles Keil

charles keil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:46 PM   #2
tuga

Charles,

I have found that eBay is a good place to list a coach for sale. It may not actually sell on eBay, but you may receive some calls after the auction ends. These phone calls after the auction ends can be your best bet to sell it. Be sure to put your name and phone number in the ad. I would start the bidding at a low number like $10,000.

Also, this website has a classified section which could be very productive.

As you probably know, the market is somewhat depressed now. Sounds like you have a nice, well maintained coach with slides. IMO that is a very attractive package. Price it reasonably and she will sell.

Good luck,

Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #3
windsors

Charles, you have the right idea about taking some good photo's and advertising on the sites classifieds. We listed our 2001 on 8 or 9 different websites and paid a descent chunk. We had over 700 views on this sites classifieds with 3 serious prospects and the one needed buyer. This site has been invaluable to us in many ways. Our traveling days are over after 20 plus years.

Thank you to all who participate here in this here website. My wife blows kisses.

Sold our coach on the website classifieds.
Retired from Rving after 20 plus years.
windsors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
charles keil

Tuga:
Thank you for your suggestions. We are putting together the information and photos for the classified section. Someone suggested consigning the coach with Parliament in FL. Do you have an opinion?
Thanks,
Chuck
Old 10-20-2011, 07:52 PM   #5
folivier

Hi Charles, I bought my coach from Parliament as a consignment. I saw it on ebay, called and had Steve walk around the coach answering my questions while on the phone. Flew down, checked it out, and flew back a week later to pick it up. Was pleased with buying from them.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:15 PM   #6
tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles keil View Post
Tuga:
Thank you for your suggestions. We are putting together the information and photos for the classified section. Someone suggested consigning the coach with Parliament in FL. Do you have an opinion?
Thanks,
Chuck
Chuck,

Yes I think that listing your coach with any good broker is a good idea. The reason is simple: IF the potential buyer has a coach that he wants to trade-in the broker can help him buy your coach by taking the trade.

I listed my Newell with Ken Robertson (who is now with CoachWorx in Tampa). I purchased my Newell from Ken and I consider him a good friend and a top-notch broker. He knows a lot of RV owners thru having 30 years experience in selling RVs. Having a good salesman on your side is imperative in selling in today's market.

Most people balk at paying a 5% or more commission; they figure they can sell the coach themselves. Maybe they can; but in this market you need all the help you can get.

Lastly, buyers like to deal with a 3rd party instead of directly with the seller. I don't know why this is but it's true. I guess they just feel like they have a better chance of "feeling the seller out".

Hope some of this helps.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 10-20-2011, 11:47 PM   #7
prairieschooner

If the squawk about 5% commission they should try selling a boat. 10% Commission is the normal amount of commission. 5% is well worth it considering what they go through, having to put up with folks like us!?!? I tried selling boats for awhile but had a hard time with the personalities, made a very good living while I was doing it but much happier now.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:44 AM   #8
charles keil

Thank you everyone for the replies regarding consignment. We are thinking consignment is the best route but we are not familar with the Florida RV season. Is it typically November through May? Or does it not gear up until January after the holidays?
Old 10-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #9
tuga

I have had the pleasure of knowing a few fulltimers who live in Florida during the winter months. They all typically arrive in Florida around mid October and head back north during mid May; staying in southern Florida for about 6 months.

Florida and California are the 2 premier RV ownership states, IMO. So you have correctly chosen one of the best places & times to sell your Newell.

One more piece of advice, arrange with the broker to have your Newell washed every 2 weeks and cleaned inside once a month. This may sound like added expense but it's important. Also, fix everything that is broken; nothng turns a buyer off more than stuff that doesn't work. If possible make surprise visits to the brokerage (provided you don't live too far away) to see if it is being maintained.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 10-21-2011, 01:45 PM   #10
zcasa

Hey Chuck:

We almost listed our Coach on consignment last year, but we were able to sell the week before. However, I found out that my insurance would not cover a consignment situation. So, I checked further and found a new insurance company that would allow for consignment. Might be wise to check with your insurance company to know if you would be insured while leaving the Coach.

David
zcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #11
larryweikart

Having been in the motor home industry for 20 yrs, I know some of the people in Fl and I believe Parliament is a good choice. Another would be Fountain RV in Lakeland. It is owned by Mark Elbrecht who used to be the head honcho at Angola Coach, a now defunct Prevost convertor. He knows High Line coaches and handles consignments only.(phone# 863-409-5522) Good luck!
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:28 AM   #12
lbrachfe

Parliament is a great company and has done extensive work on my 2003 Newell and they stand behind what they do. Steve, Richard and Sean are pros and know what they are doing. Good luck selling your rig....
lbrachfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:21 PM   #13
86loco

We also recommend the Newell Classifieds here on this site. We know of two other Newell owners who have either bought or sold through this website they are both happy with the results. But you have to do your homework on your coach value and price accordingly. Take lots of good clear pictures without clutter in them. My brother Tim's wife June sent pictures by mail since she does not have a digital camera to the website owners and they put the ad up for them.

Brady Kevin Jones