1994 Newell Motor Coach on ebay - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2013, 03:50 AM   #1
Erika

Default 1994 Newell Motor Coach on ebay

Hope everyone is doing well this evening. I was browsing ebay and came across this 1994 Newell buy now @ $45,000 or starting at auction for $30,000.

1994 Newell Motor Coach in RVs & Campers | eBay Motors

Click image for larger version

Name:	1994newellebay.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	421.1 KB
ID:	4196

Newell Coaches are the best in the industry.
www.newellcoach.com

This is a good looking, solid and smooth running coach. It has been well maintained and is ready to drive coast to coast.
This coach will easily handle a large trailer with it's time tested, 500 HP Detroit 8v92 power plant and Allison pushbutton automatic transmission.
The coach has been serviced regularly by Detroit Diesel / Allison dealer in Libery, MO. It starts with ease every time and runs down the road strong.
The large 17kW generator has been rebuilt and is accessible via front air slide out.
Three basement air conditioners keep the coach cool during the hot summer.
AquaHot domestic water heating system / interior heating system uses diesel or electric power (shore or generator).
New 3 way NorCold refrigerator freezer in galley. Also, Norcold basement freezer/refrigerator mounted on air slide out.
All tires replaced with new Toyo's in the fall of 2009 (10,000 miles ago). Tread is in excellent shape.
Original manuals included.
Must sell due to work transfer / relocation.
This is a great "starter" Newell that will hold it's value for years to come. Enjoy it for a few years and sell it for the same $ amount before you trade up.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
Randy J

Thanks for posting. I passed this auction listing on. to my brother in law. Hes been after us to find him a good deal on a coach. Maybe he can look into this one.

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:43 AM   #3
Neweller

Randy, if your brother or anyone else needs any assistance with checking this coach out, I'm not too far from it and could go give it the once over, get additional pictures and information.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:11 AM   #4
Twins

I noticed this newell has an aqua-hot, does anyone know what year was first to receive aquahots? Can an aqua-hot be installed in a classic? Anyone care to share their knowledge and expertise?
Old 06-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #5
fulltiming

I believe this one sold on Ebay back in 2009 for $37,351. It was a repo at that time so some work may have had to be done to it. As you can tell from the VIN it is 38'2" long. Nice looking coach. I like the wood floors in the front 1/2 of the coach. There were a few 1993 model Newells with AquaHot.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #6
Cheri Smith

If someone didn't like the blue laminate I wonder what it would take to have it redone?

1979 Newell Classic
Cheri Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #7
rellick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri Smith View Post
If someone didn't like the blue laminate I wonder what it would take to have it redone?
Its really not that hard of a job to do, and it can be done in a couple of days depending on the condition of the floor underneath.The best and easiest way is to take everything out, so its one big open area. Remove the old flooring and make sure the subfloor is sound, replace any bad spots and I like to glue and screw a new plywood underlay subfloor over the whole floor, this will tie it all together nicly and you will have a very sound floor for years to come. Choose a good quality flooring, there isnt that many square feet so spend a little extra and get the good stuff, you will be glad you did!!
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #8
Neweller

Keith, I believe Cheri and Ralph are talking about the blue laminate walls. The flooring looks great in that coach from the pictures but who knows without an in person inspection. I've learned that from a couple of others. I also agree about removing things to resurface the floor. Man is it easier that way. I have done the same thing in houses when remodeling kitchens or baths especially. Then install all the cabinets and such back over the new floor. Just like the guy who learned the hard way on installing the new floor in Dave and Marjories Newell. Took way way longer than he (the installer) anticipated.

Regarding the laminate wall surface; I can only suggest painting or covering things depending on the area. I have painted plenty of laminate and the main thing is preparing the surface. Home Depot sells an amazing primer called "Gripper" and it was originally designed to be a glue but became a primer instead. It's amazing stuff. Sticks to almost anything and is not coming off. I have used it, then applied a faux finish, and a clear urethane or epoxy clear coat. Just have to decide on your preferred finish and sheen. Otherwise if you are good with laminate that is always the pricier option.

I'm sure Mike (mnhoff) may have some pointers since that is his old profession. Or anyone else for that matter?

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 06-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #9
folivier

I think Cheri was talking about the laminate on the cabinets. Can't these be painted?
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #10
rellick

Sorry I guess I should have looked at the pics lol
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
Old 06-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #11
Hugo

Anything can be done but the funny thing is. It seems like every fashion or interior decor comes back around. I would suggest you like blue and update other interior items.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #12
hotrodhornet

Well, My brother and I are driving my new to me newell back to San Antonio. This coach is in great shape, runs beautiful ,fully serviced and ready to go. The green laminate inside doesn't look as bad in person as it does in the pictures. The surprising thing is everything works and there is just a few small items that need to be addressed.When I called after the auction ended and started talking with the owner we discovered that we knew each other already, 7 years ago I bought my 1981 classic from him, I had no idea it was the same person when I was bidding on it. I can't believe I actually own it. I thought it would be years before I was able to afford a coach this nice. Paul
hotrodhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #13
rellick

Congratulations! Sounds like you got a great deal on a nice coach! Are you planning on keeping the 82?
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
Old 06-17-2013, 04:02 PM   #14
Neweller

Congratulations Paul! So glad to see you were able to take advantage of the opportunity when it presented itself. That Newell wasn't very far from me and it's a nice one. You did great on this deal. Are you already heading south with it? Glad to have another gear head with us.

-Bob Marley
Old 06-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #15
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

Paul, congratulations on your purchase. This is always a happy time. However, I would like to alert you to be careful with those Toyo tires. Several years ago, Country Coach replaced my front Michelin tires with larger Toyo tires and Alco wheels. Both Toyo tires blew out within 15,000 miles due to thread separation, one blew on I-10 at 70 mpg. Toyo would not honor their warranty because I did not save the carcuses, which without the thread were a big bundle of razor sharp steel and not safe to handle.
2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #16
hotrodhornet

Yes ,we are in Oklahoma City now and expect to be home home by 5:00.
I am going to sell the 1981 as soon I take care of some cosmetic issues, painting the grey stripe around it and recovering the front seats. And a few other things Thanks for the well wishes!! Paul
Old 06-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #17
hotrodhornet

Thanks Chester, I will keep an eye on them and hope for the best. They look great now but I hope I have better luck than you did. Paul
Old 06-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #18
stewart33

Paul congrats on the new purchase. Happy and safe travels. It will be great to hear about your new to you coach.
stewart33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #19
Randy J

Congrats on the winning bid. My brother in law was looking at this coach. He didn't bid but he did call on it. Glad to see you are happy with it. We love our 91.

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #20
The Newell

Congrats, You purchased a very nice Newell Coach and out standing price to boot. What are you asking for your 1981 Newell?

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote