Inspection station - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
mnhoff

Default Inspection station

Headed out of Canada in about 2 weeks. We are aimed for Parker Az. this year or should say the first trip the coach has made since we brought it back from the USA in Jan. My question is south of needles Calafornia on the 95 my map shows a couple of inspection stations. Could someone please define what these stations are??? Thanks in advance. Mike

1995 Newell Coach #372
mnhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
86loco

Going into California on the 95 southbound there is an agriculture inspection station. Anything northbound would have to do with immigration more than likely.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #3
NewellCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86loco View Post
Going into California on the 95 southbound there is an agriculture inspection station. Anything northbound would have to do with immigration more than likely.
I agree, Likely an agriculture inspection station. Just be prepared for an inspection since you will be traveling in your Newell and rv's are easy targets for inspections.

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
Neweller

Last time I was on the route it was still a bumpy dippy one. 86loco is probably right. There shouldn't be too much to worry about. The 65' rule is pretty well enforced in California and they have scales off the I-10 and the US95 anywhere near the border usually opened.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
prairieschooner

The Inspection Stations that you are asking about are most likely Agricultural. You are not supposed to move Fruit and Vegetables across those areas (Fruit Flies and such!). We go across them allot and the always ask where are you coming from and if you are moving any fruit or vegetables. Just make sure that you eat or give it away before crossing to comply.
We have been on 95 South from the Parker area to Yuma and it has been a good road not sure about coming south from north.

Where will you be staying in that area? We should be there in November at Emerald Cove.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote