we are really lucky to be able to have these monster machines - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2009, 06:41 AM   #1
encantotom

Default we are really lucky to be able to have these monster machines

i am finishing up a trip to malaysia and singapore. i come to a number of asian countries frequently. i show my associates pictures of my newell and they are amazed. there are no private coaches like this in any of these areas and our rigs are the size of their public transportation busses. in fact, in most of these places you wouldnt even be able to fit on some of the roads...

makes me realize how lucky i am to be able to have one of these amazing machines at all.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
tuga

You're right Tom, we are truly blessed in this country. Not only to have access to buy a machine like a Newell but to have an interstate hiway system to use it on. Also to have diesel fuel cheap enough to be able to enjoy the unit.

When you stop and think about it we live in the most amazing country in the entire world!

Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
chockwald

Every time I go to storage to pick up my baby I pinch myself....can't believe I own a piece of machinery that big, and that I actually know how to operate it. The Interstate system really makes owning one of these beautiful coaches a pleasure. Although, I do enjoy cruising down a nicely paved secondary road with no one else in sight just enjoying the ride, and floating down the road wondering where I'm going to park tonight!
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:36 PM   #4
fulltiming

The Classic Newells, especially the 96" wide models, can be a blast on secondary roads where much of the best scenery and most interesting sites are located. I have driven my coach on numerous two lane rural roads and find it very enjoyable. Even small towns are typically handled well in the larger coaches. When I have to travel in major cities, getting off of the major streets can be quiet the challenge. I have had to back down a couple of streets where low branches or cars parked (poorly) on both sides of the street just didn't leave enough space to squeeze through on a winding residential street. Overpasses and weight zoned bridges can also be a challenge with a 45,000+ pound coach when you are off the beaten path.

Each coach has, by design, limitations. We are pampered with great ride quality, solid construction, a strong custom frame and all the amenities. In exchange I have had to give up a few of the National Parks and State Parks due to length and turning radius issues.

We are truly blessed that we are able to travel about the country freely and enjoy our ability to cover long distances in the comfort of home. I am thankful for these freedoms and for a country that had founders with the wisdom to put the rights of the people above the rights of the government.

Even in these days of financial difficulties with many of the RV choices being removed by companies going out of business, Newell has continued to construct these wonderful machines which take us across country in an environment that is impossible to duplicate in most parts of the world. We are able to travel like the rail magnets of the late 1800's in our own private cars with luxury sleeping, cooking and living accommodations without being restricted to the more limited paths with train tracks. Depending on our mood, we can sleep in a luxury resort or a truck stop.

As we travel, we have the opportunity to share this adventure with others, meet new friends and enjoy the majesty and beauty of this wonderful country. We are indeed blessed.

Thanks Tom for reminding us.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #5
Wally Arntzen

Diddos to what everybody else has said about our coaches.
I enjoy driving my coach more than anything else. It's a great place to live as well but it would be a lot nicer if we had a couple of slides.
Someday maybe it will happen.

Wally and Phyllis
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote