I will start this new category off - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #1
lbrachfe

Default I will start this new category off

I race MINI Coopers and have since my retirement. I have learned alot about Newells from my fellow "GearHeads" as it is the coach of choice when you are buying used as they will last forever if taken care of. I have taken my coach to several racetracks and have made a few friends in other Newells at these events which are mostly in Florida and Georgia. Newell coach tends to cater to the NASCAR crowd but us IMSA and Rally drivers love them too. you can pull any size trailer with little effort and the gensets are designed to run for days at a time. The large holding tanks are another benefit eliminating the need to dump often. I get as many compliments on my Newell as I do on my race and rally cars. I have won a few trophys for my MINI show car and alsways end up in conversations about the Newell before the conclusion of any car show I participate in. The other obvious benefit is Newell Service is always availble 24/7 if I have a problem to troubleshoot for me and have never not called me back in 10 minutes even at 7am on a Sunday morning or 11pm on a holiday, thanks to people like Mike Ellis and John Clark. Lastly the on board air compressors are great for tire tweeks at the track.

lbrachfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
Ron Skeen

Hi Larry,
I would be interested in info on your Racing. What association are you running with? I race Karts for many years and still enjoy doing Motorcycle track days and also have done several racing driving schools at Bristol, Atlanta, Barber, Phoenix, and others. Would enjoy talking any kind of racing.

1996 Newell 45' #422
2004 Newell 45'8" #689
60 Series Detriot
Yellow Dodge Truck
Ron Skeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #3
lbrachfe

Hey Ron,
I have done Barber and has some instruction from the Bob Sharp racing team at Limerock and Watkins Glen. Those were many years ago and for several years participated in the Leadfoot Rally and some Baja when I lived in SoCal from 75-85. In recent years I do as much car club participation possible. Hooked on Driving, Chin Motorsports, High Performance Driving Club,PBOC Motor Club. I do track days at Homestead,Palm Beach Int speedway, Atlanta and Sebring. I also drove some events with PCA when driving a Porsche setup for track driving was affordable. I have raced Karts at PBOC and loved it, but come away to bruised and exhausted my last few times out. LOLOL. Motorcycles have never been my thing after early years of off road riding and crashing way too much...I love the MINI as it is driving a big Kart enclosed and more controlled. I also love the shows and have a 1/70 MINI rally car that wins alot of ribbons. Wheels Across the Pond is a favorite of mine as it is in my own neighborhood and have many friends that participate. My JCW rally car is my pride and joy and have attached a photo.Click image for larger version

Name:	ry=400.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	2536
Old 08-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
lbrachfe

So Ron what do you drive on the track ???
Old 08-03-2012, 01:01 AM   #5
Neweller

Larry W, that 's a class act going on there. Be hard to top Newell's and racing together.

Larry B, that is one cool little Mini! I wouldn't mind running one of them. What kind of suspension mods are running on that car? You all Rally now or IMSA too?

Ken
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:28 AM   #6
lbrachfe

Ken,
Both when I can,but mostly rally events the past couple of years and participate in shows at least 4 a year. That MINI shown has Way MW lowering springs and Koni's, Catback dual exhaust, NM struts and braces, both front and rear, Forge intercooler,noisemaker delete,performance crank,LSD,NM air induction, all silicone hoses, BB 10"brakes, reduced cam and pulley,220 JCW Turbo charged engine. This car ran on multi surfaces prior to lowering it and now only track events for obvious reasons. I will be taking it to Limerock next Spring to run with some BMW team pals and hope to "shock and awe"...LOLOL, although they know the mods, it's performance should take them by surprise as it even did me..
Old 08-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #7
Neweller

Larry, that is definitely a nice little set-up. And I bet it's really a dependable little machine. Once upon a time I got involved in SCCA with a old BMW 2002 and then tried a hand at Mazda Rotary's. When I first checked out the little Mini's at the LA Auto Show back in 02' or 03', I was sold on it's capabilities of going down the road I can tell you enjoy traveling.

Ken

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 08-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #8
Randy J

Larry that's a cool little mini! How fast have you taken her?

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #9
Neweller

Randy, have you ever watched the Italian Job, that's how fast!. Just kidding. I'll let Larry answer that.

-Bob Marley
Old 08-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #10
Randy J

I have seen that movie. If I recall they made those babies fast! Actually that movie had me dreaming of a mini.

1991 Newell Coach

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #11
Randy J

a mini full of gold.

1991 Newell Coach

Old 08-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #12
lbrachfe

147 @ PBIR on the Straight
Old 08-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #13
Randy J

Whoa baby! That is to cool. That's gotta be a rush!

1991 Newell Coach

Old 08-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #14
Neweller

And Larry, I know when your down that low it probably feels closer to 180 or something. I know when we go do the Kart thing, it sure feels way faster.

Ken

-Bob Marley
Old 08-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #15
lbrachfe

It sure does. After installing a racing suspension I lowered the car to 1" ground clearance. If I had a longer straight track I can do about 165 with my engine and suspension setup. I show the car and it has won some in class and best in show.