Down Light above Driver Side Window - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
Flydrifter

Default Down Light above Driver Side Window

I have replaced the high intensity bulb in the light above the driver side window. I don't appear to have any voltage here. It doesn't seem to be switched with the Down Lite above the dash, under the TV, nor with the Left Hand Down Lites along the left side of the coach. I guess I need to be "ENLIGHTENED", anyone have any ideas.

Flydrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
rheavn

Ray,
This is one of those questions that needs a photo of what light you need. Newell uses many different light fixtures. If you post a photo it may lead to an answer. Your lack of voltage may be just a switch issue. The light above my drivers seat has the switch on the fixture. Do you have 12V to the fixture? If you do it may be a defective fixture. If not the most effective way to attack the voltage issue is to find where the fixture receives its 12V-maybe a call to Newell. If you have voltage there, cut the circuit in half & see if you have voltage. Keep cutting the circuit in half until you find the problem.

PS: Don't forget the FIRST thing to check with any voltage issue is the ground!

Hope this helps.......................