inverter wiring...Help!! - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2006, 03:34 AM   #1
Retired Phil

Default inverter wiring...Help!!

I’m having some trouble wiring our inverter. We are going with the setup of an on-off-on switch to switch between shore/gen power to inverter power. We are hard wiring it into the General Purpose branch so it will power the TV’s and ceiling fan. Our inverter keeps throwing out Fault codes when it is powered up and set to power the TV’s. I checked the DC wiring and every thing is in its place and the ground is good. When I plug the AC line into the inverter it then will give me a fault light. So with process of elimination, I have narrowed it down to the problem being within the actual wall plug wiring. When I connect the inverter up at the circuit panel with the general purpose wire plugged directly into the inverter it gives me a fault code. Anyone have any clue as to what I need to check or what might fix this problem? weird thing is, the general purpose branch works fine off regular power. I just fried 2 inverters trying to fix it …good thing home depot has a good return policy!

-Phil & Janice Wickham-
Retired Phil is offline   Reply With Quote