Generator airbags - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2012, 01:06 AM   #1
encantotom

Default Generator airbags

hi all,

i have the entire front panel off the generator. i took the radiator out to have it repaired and rodded/cleaned. (i picked it up today from the radiator shop).

the sliding mount for the generator has airbags on each of the 4 corners. i originally thought there were airlines to each bag, but in looking closer when the front panel was off i looked and there are no airlines. there are however air zerts on the bottom of each airbag.

that said, how much air should be in them? anyone know? what pressure?

while i had the front panel off, i sanded down the front airscoop and painted it with black enamel. i will try to remount everything tomorrow before i leave for israel on thursday.

i am also changing the cyberdyne coolant sending unit on the generator. mine is reading about 20 degrees too cool and it is cheap enough (16 bucks shipped) to try to see if it fixes it. if not, it will be a gauge.

i also went down to the autobody/paint supply house and picked up 8 feet of the rubber seal that goes around the entire front of the generator compartment to replace the highly compressed one that was on it. it is a round rubber with a U shaped push on channel on the side of the round rubber seal. i also made a new padded seal to go on the bottom of the radiator to seal it into the radiator frame when i put it back in.

later

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:11 AM   #2
express1

Default Your killing me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by encantotom View Post
hi all,

i have the entire front panel off the generator. i took the radiator out to have it repaired and rodded/cleaned. (i picked it up today from the radiator shop).

the sliding mount for the generator has airbags on each of the 4 corners. i originally thought there were airlines to each bag, but in looking closer when the front panel was off i looked and there are no airlines. there are however air zerts on the bottom of each airbag.

that said, how much air should be in them? anyone know? what pressure?

while i had the front panel off, i sanded down the front airscoop and painted it with black enamel. i will try to remount everything tomorrow before i leave for israel on thursday.

i am also changing the cyberdyne coolant sending unit on the generator. mine is reading about 20 degrees too cool and it is cheap enough (16 bucks shipped) to try to see if it fixes it. if not, it will be a gauge.

i also went down to the autobody/paint supply house and picked up 8 feet of the rubber seal that goes around the entire front of the generator compartment to replace the highly compressed one that was on it. it is a round rubber with a U shaped push on channel on the side of the round rubber seal. i also made a new padded seal to go on the bottom of the radiator to seal it into the radiator frame when i put it back in.

later

tom
What did you do after lunch!!!!!!
Cannons genset had airlines running to each bag. But I don't know what regulates them....
Safe Travels......

if you think my spellin is bad, you should sea my handwritten. #437 w/flex toad (STAY AWAY FROM LARRY BELL aka larrynjeri) he is a lier and a lock picker.
express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:14 AM   #3
encantotom

i spend long days at the office. i seem to go to meetings for a living.

i wish i had more time to work on the coach. i am going to go out and tinker for a little while since darlene is at a womens dinner at church.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:08 AM   #4
rheavn

Tom,
Your genset air bags are different than mine as mine do not have air valves. Maybe some of the guys with newer coaches can check theirs.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:19 AM   #5
77newell

Tom: my 77 coach had grease zerks on the airbags when I first got the coach. Several years ago I removed the zerks and the grease as best I could and filled the bags with air. Since then I've had to regularly inflate them as even a tiny leak cause the bags to go flat. I inflate my bags until the top of the bag just begins to separate from the top plate of the assembly. I did notice a slight improvement in noise and vibration in the coach, but that only holds until the bag deflates and then things are worse. I'm thinking of returning to grease or changing out the bags for Lord Mounts of some kind

Jon
77 Coach, 2007 Civic toad with auto transmission no less
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote